24. Ice-cream date

Quackity chuckled, watching as Sapnap fumbled around trying to find his wallet. He wasn't worried because he knew for a fact that Sapnap put it in his back pocket that morning, apparently the taller forgot though. "God- Where is it???" Sapnap nearly yelled, causing the cashier to roll their eyes. "Sir, you appear to be having a problem." "I am! I can't find my wallet!-" "it's in your back pocket, Sapnap." He finally interrupted, smirking as Sapnap reached into his back pocket, pulling out the wallet and staring at it like an idiot.

"Quackity! Why didn't you tell me sooner??" Sapnap pouted. Quackity bit his lip, holding back laughter. "I'm sorry, you said you could find it on your own though, to be fair." Sapnap glared at him, turning back and finishing ordering their ice-cream. "That'll be 10 dollars and 49 cents." Sapnap held out the money, smiling as the cashier took it.

"You seem to be a pretty hard worker for someone working at an ice-cream place, I hope they pay you well." Quackity mentioned, grabbing his ice-cream and licking it casually. "Thanks, I'm working multiple jobs to get enough money." Sapnap raised an eyebrow. "How much money do you need? what for?" The cashier sighed, though a smile creeped onto their face. "I need money so I can get top surgery, I'm trans. Go eat your ice-cream." There was a short pause, before Sapnap piped up. "That's great! I hope you can get your surgery soon!" Quackity blinked, waving to the cashier as Sapnap dragged him over to the table.

"I thought you'd get something other than vanilla, but I guess you're full of surprises huh?" Sapnap mumbled, mainly to himself while eating his ice-cream as they sat down. "Oh, did you want me to get something else? I just.. didn't really feel like anything other than vanilla, sorry, I can-" "Oh- You heard me??? Sorry- Just making an observation, Q. You don't have to get something else, it just surprised me." 

Quackity stared at him for a few minutes, before slowly relaxing back into his seat again, continuing to lick his ice-cream. There was silence for a bit, the ice-creams melting overtime as they got eaten. "I was thinking we could go to an amusement park next week, just the two of us-" "Can we go somewhere else?" Quackity suddenly asked, surprising them both. He didn't mean for that to slip out, he just.. he just didn't want something bad to happen there again. 

"Uh.. sure? but.. can I ask why?" Sapnap asked, raising an eyebrow. Quackity looked down at his ice-cream, pressing his lips together. "Quackity..." He stayed silent, taking another lick from his ice-cream, watching as the white disappeared as he ate it. "Alex, can you please just tell me?" even though he wanted to speak, all he could get out was "Karl." Sapnap sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Of course it was Karl, why ʷᵒᵘˡᵈⁿ'ᵗ ᶦᵗ ᵇ⁻" Sapnaps voice seemed to fade out, Quackity barely realizing. The day they went to the amusement park.. the day Karl officially started cheating on Sapnap... the day.. he... they had ice-cream that day too... Sapnap was probably just eating it, oblivious to what was happening... Quackity felt guilt piling up inside of him, the entire world around him seeming to disappear, along with any other thoughts.

Karl made it worse, despite Dream saying it'd get better if he moved in with the two of them... Did Dream lie? did Dream know?? Or... no....

"ᵠᵘᵃᶜᵏᶦᵗʸˀ" Dream was almost as bad as Schlatt in Quackitys eyes, but.. they'd been getting better, at least he thought... but.. he still views Dream the same way, is that really better?

"ᵃˡᵉx?" He thought of it, Dream helped Schlatt, even when he found out Quackity was with Schlatt he didn't stop... Why didn't he stop helping him? did he not care? Maybe he didn't care, maybe he was just annoying and Dream didn't want him around, maybe he wanted to be alone with George so they could fuc-

"ALEX!" Sapnap shouted, causing Quackity to jump, getting into a defensive position and throwing his ice-cream while doing so. "There, are you okay??" Quackity was breathing heavily, the world slowly coming back to him. He was so lost in his thoughts, it was the only thing he could think about. he could almost feel the thoughts. "I think we're going to go a few more places before we go home, I think being out and about will help a bit... get some fresh air, y'know?" Sapnap reached out slowly, gesturing for Quackity to give him his hand.

He hesitated, slowly reaching out his hand as well, placing it on the others. His heart was beating so fast, even though it was just holding hands. Sapnap squeezed lightly, smiling at Quackity. He couldn't help but smile back, Sapnaps smiles always did seem to be contagious. 

Sapnap made him feel calm, safer...

He thought he saw Karl ordering ice-cream, but shook his head, turning back to look at Sapnap as they finished their ice-creams. 

He has to stop being so paranoid, it's probably just someone that looks like him and... sort of sounds like him.

It's just some stranger.

It's not Karl.

It's not...

Oh but it might be Quackity
You never know
Listen to your inner demons
(Don't actually this is a joke)
Sorry for late chapter, next
One will probably have angst,
you angst gremlins.