40. Alcohol.

TW/CW: Alcohol, Nausea, Hallucination, Slight Flashback, Derealization, Nonconsensual Kissing, Mentions Of Abuse, Nauseating Thoughts, Self-Blaming, Self-Harm thoughts, Depressive Thoughts.

Quackity took a shaky breath in as they entered the bar, the smell of alcohol immediately invading his nose, being the only thing he could smell. He nearly choked on it, since he'd been avoiding it for quite a while now. "I haven't gone to a bar in a while, Haven't gotten drunk in a while either.." Sapnap murmured, looking around as they made their way to the counter, sitting on the stools with Quackity in the middle, Karl on the right, and Sapnap on the left.

"Hello! What can I get you today?" the barista smiled, holding a clipboard and waiting for their responses. "I'll have a light beer, please." Karl smiled, resting his chin on his hand. "Some whiskey, please!" Sapnap grinned, watching as the barista wrote it down. "And you?" She gestured to Quackity and he stopped, staring at the counter and hesitantly answering. "Um.. just.. just a water for now."

"Alright! give me just a second and your drinks will be right with you." Quackity wasn't focused on what she was doing, what he was doing was trying to keep himself from having a panic attack. He didn't feel good, and the smell of alcohol was bringing back.. memories. Instead he tried focusing on the counter, and how shiny it was.

Though focusing on the counter didn't really help, since the smell of alcohol was still strong, and making him a bit dizzy...

What if he passes out?

No, he won't pass out.. he's just being dramatic.

Quackity jumped, blinking as a glass of water got slid in front of him. "Hell yeah! I'm gonna drink so much!" Sapnap cheered, grabbing his own glass and taking a large chug from it. "Sapnap I'm not carrying you to the car." Karl mumbled, Quackity agreeing silently. "Why would you need to carry me to the car from me drinking????" Sapnap asked, placing down his glass and wiping his mouth softly. Karl rolled his eyes. "What I mean is don't drink so much that you pass out." "Oh, I won't!" Sapnap promised, smiling wide.

Quackity smiled, going back to looking at the counter as he wrapped his fingers around the glass of water in front of him and lifting it up. He hesitated, what if it was drugged? But why would the barista drug his drink.. that doesn't make any sense, he's such an idiot. He took a cautious sip, placing the water down afterward. It just ended up making him feel nauseous. 

He glanced over at Sapnap, who was taking another sip from the glass of whiskey he'd been given. He wondered what type, maybe he misheard and he got something else... He shrugged to himself, kicking his feet lightly. He glanced over at Karl, who looked like he wanted to say something, but wasn't at the moment. Quackity let out a shaky breath, taking another sip from his water. 

"Quackity?" He heard Karl say his name, turning slightly to look at him. "..Yeah?" "Why'd you only get a water? Do you not feel like drinking or something?" Quackitys breath hitched, and he found himself at a loss for what to say. What would he say? It'd end up ruining both his and Sapnaps fun if he talked about it.. he could say he just isn't feeling well, since he does feel a bit nauseous... so...

"..I'm just not feeling up to it right now." he mumbled, taking another sip from his water as the nausea continued to turn in his stomach. "Oh,, okay." Karl muttered, taking a sip from his beer and looking around afterward. Quackity sighed, looking to his left at Sapnap, who was taking another chug from his drink. He was likely to get drunk soon, he wondered if Karl would get drunk.. hopefully not, Quackity doesn't know how to drive.

He decided to ask about it. "Karl?" "Mmh?" "Aren't you gonna get drunk too?" Karl paused. "What do you mean?" Quackity glanced at his beer, and then at him. "Oh, No. I have a pretty high alcohol tolerance, actually. And I'm only drinking this beer, that's all." Quackity stared at him for a moment. "If you say so..." he mumbled, turning back to the counter. Karl shrugged, going back to looking around, taking another sip of his beer.