【Chapter 23】

I looked down at the ground refusing to look at my sister, I didn't want to see the disgust on her face.

"You like girls?" She asked slowly and I nodded my head shamefully.

"Hey look at me" she said softly and I looked up at her not seeing an ounce of disgust on her face.

"It's absolutely fine that you like girls, I'm not really accustom to modern times but I've seen a few same sex couples whilst I was awake and at first I thought it was a little strange but I got used to it and I realised it was completely normal in this century. I am a little sad you didn't tell me sooner, even if you would have told me when we were humans I would have accepted you. Your my sister and I love you" she said making me tear up and hug her tightly.

"I love you too Bekah. Thank you" I mumbled into her shoulder. I pulled back from the hug and she smiled at me.

"I'm glad your happy" she told me and I smiled.

"I am very happy. You can meet Emmett and Rosalie one day, I think you'll get along really well with Rose" I told her and she smiled.

"I'd love to meet them" she said as we continued walking into the grill.

Once we walked inside we saw a blonde girl with the doppelgänger. Rebekah smirked at me and approached them.

"Careful Caroline. It's all well and good till she stabs you in the back" Bekah said and I glared at the doppelgänger.

"What are you doing here? I know your moms rules, no murdering the locals" the doppelgänger said smugly to my sister.

I glared at her harder and I saw her flinch.
"Oh get over yourself dopplewhore. Not everything is about you! And if you talk like that to my little sister again I'll reach down your throat and rip out your spine" I told her smirking as she shrank away from me.

Bekah smiled smugly at her and walked away to the blonde guy at the bar who I'm a assuming is Matt.

"Who are you?" The blonde asked with a friendly smile, I smiled back at her getting a good vibe.

"Hi I'm Andrea Mikaelson" I told her and she smiled wider.

"I'm Caroline Forbes" she introduced herself and I smirked slightly remembering how Nik had told me on one of our many calls that he had a slight crush on her.

"Nice to meet you" I said to her and Bekah walked towards the exit motioning for me to join her.

"Can't say the same about you" I said to Elena before walking off to join my sister.

"Fraternising with the enemy Drea." Bekah said rolling her eyes as we walked back to the car.

"No I was simply being nice. To Caroline anyway, Nik seems to fancy her and she seems nice so I thought I'd try" I told her and she laughed.

"Nik has a crush? Brilliant" she commended as I started driving the car back home.

"They'd be a cute couple I think" I told her smiling at the thought.

"Maybe if he finally finds someone that makes him happy he won't kill any of our partners" she pouted and I nodded my head in agreement.

Once we were home I walked up to my room and saw a couple of people there ready with a dress.

I put my dress on which was a simple deep read dress with a slit in the side.

I put on a silver heart necklace and a silver chain bracelet. I then put on some black strap heals and started doing my make up.

I heard the music start up downstairs and I decided to wait at least 10 minutes before I went down, when I started hearing people I walked down the stairs and my twin instantly spotted me and linked his arm with mine.

"You look beautiful sister" he told me smiling softly at me.

"Thank you brother. You look dashing" I said slipping back into formality with my family, I internally cursed myself for sounding so posh.

"What do you say we go introduce ourself to the mayor?" He said starting to walk me over to a brunette woman and Damon.

Damon smiled at me making me smile back at him.

"Hi Drea" he greeted.

"Hi day" I smiled.

"Mayor Lockwood. We haven't formally met. Kol Mikaelson and this is my sister Andrea" my twin introduced himself to the mayor.

"We hope your lovely town embraces us just as much as we plan to embrace it" kol carried on.

"Damon Salvatore. Have we met?" Damon said to kol.

I saw kol glare at him slightly.
"I've met a lot of people and you don't particularly stand out" he said making me laugh at Damon's face.

Kol then dragged us away.

I pulled away from him and walked towards my other brother, Nik.
"You look handsome brother" I told him grabbing a drink from an passing waiter.

"Thank you Drea you look beautiful" he smiled before his attention was diverted by a certain blonde walking in.

I smiled widely at the look of awe on his face.
"She looks beautiful. You've picked a good one Nik" I told him and he smiled at me before walking towards her.

I frowned slightly as Caroline brushed off his welcome but I smiled as Nik got a determined look in his eyes and followed her towards the bar.

I people watched for a couple of minutes before kol came back over to me and dragged me to the stairs where the rest of my siblings were standing.

"If everyone could gather please" Elijah started as the guests started walking into the middle of the dance floor to listen to him.

"Welcome. Thank you for joining us" Elijah said as mother made her way downstairs.

"You know, whenever my mother brings our family together like this. It's tradition for us to commence the evening with a dance" he continued and I sighed quietly as I heard we had to dance. I don't like dancing. Bekah looked at me in amusement knowing this.

"Tonight's pick is a centuries-old waltz. So if all of you could find yourselves a partner, please join us in the ballroom" Elijah said.

I sighed again deciding to hide upstairs as I really didn't want to do the stupid dance but before I could Elijah grabbed my arm and gave me a teasing smile and dragged me down stairs and to the dance floor.

I glared at him as the waltz started.
"Elijah! I did not want to dance" I hissed at him.

"It's rude not to dance sister" he said teasingly and I huffed.

"Fine but I'm not happy about this. I've been forced into this Lijah" I said to him.

"Yes sister."