【Chapter 20】

"Let's say I do leave her here. Under your protection. What then? How long before one of you turns her into a vampire, or worse how long before she dies? Caught i between your feuding. You see each one of you truly believes that you're the one that can protect her. And that is simply a delusion." Nik told them starting to walk around the room.

He eventually walked back to his seat and leaned on it.
"Gentlemen, the worst thing for Elena Gilbert is the two of you"

"I'm gonna get some air" Damon announced walking out the room, Elijah soon followed him out.

Klaus started to drink from one of the compelled women trying to tempt Stefan, I wasn't really hungry and I wanted to stop drinking from people because of my mates. I wasn't going to kill innocents I didn't want them to be disappointed in me.

I tuned out their conversation and checked my phone, I saw Rosalie and Emmett had messaged our group chat.

Rosie: hey baby! Did you have a safe drive?

Emmy: Are you ok? Are you back with your family yet?

Emmy: you might want to answer rose is freaking out thinking your hurt.

Drea: Hi guys! I'm all good! Sorry I was dealing with some family drama, my siblings aren't awake yet but they will be soon and it's getting late so I'll call you either later when I'm alone or tomorrow! Love you xx

Rosie: I love you too! X

Emmy: love you <3

I shut my phone off as Elijah came in the room carrying the daggers, I got up from my chair and went to stand beside him.

"What have you done?" Klaus asked Elijah.

"What have you done?! See I've learned not to trust your vulgar promises Klaus. We're doing this on my terms now" Elijah said as kol stepped in the room.

I gave him a bright smile and he smiled back at me slightly before turning to nik.

"Kol-" Klaus choked out.

"Long time brother" kol said spitting the word brother as if it was venom.

"Finn don't!" Klaus yelled as finn sped out and grabbed a dagger.

He stabbed him in the hand as Klaus cried out in pain. Klaus tried to speed away but Rebekah blocked his exit.
"Rebekah!" He he looked afraid as she smiled sarcastically at him.

She stabbed him in the stomach and he cried out again.
"This is for our mother"

Kol then grabbed him when Bekah pushed Nik back.

"Your free to go. This is family business" Elijah said to the Salvatores.

Damon came over to me quickly and gave me a hug.
"Bye day" I whispered to him and he walked out.

I saw kol glaring at him a little but he turned his attention to Nik.

"I like what you've done with the new place Nik" Bekah said throwing a glass vase into the wall where a painting was hanging making it fall down.

"I wanted it to be for all of us, a place we could all call home. A place we could all be a family. None of us would ever have to be alone again" Klaus whispered as tears gathered in his eyes.

I felt bad for him, although he did dagger our siblings but he looks so broken.

"Well your right. None of us will be" Elijah said.

I was confused, nobody lets me in on their plans!

"Your staying behind" Finn said to him.

"We're leaving you nik, right after I kill that doppelgänger wench. Then you will be alone, always and forever." Rebekah told him smirking.

"If you run, I will hunt all of you down" Nik hissed.

"Then you will become our father. Everything you hate, Klaus." I told him coming to stand beside kol who wrapped his arm around me.

"I'm the hybrid! I can't be killed! I have nothing to fear from any of you" Klaus said back pointing to us.

"You will when we have that coffin" Elijah said and Nik paled slightly.

We were interrupted when someone opened the door, we all turned around and I gasped.

"Mother" Rebekah breathed.

She ignored us and walked towards Nik, I turned further so that I was in kol's side. I was slightly scared of what she might do.

Nik looked down as we followed her movements.
"Look at me!" She demanded and I flinched at the tone of her voice.

Klaus looked at her as she demanded.
"Do you know why I'm here?" Mother asked.

"You're here to kill me" he stated with tears in his eyes.

I frowned, she wouldn't. Would she?

"Niklaus, you are my son. And I am here to forgive you" she told Nik as he looked at her in disbelief.

She then turned to us.
"I want us to be a family again." She told us.

" She told us