Chapter-10

Confrontations

Jennifer stood with bended head when her mother in law started at her with disappointment.

"What is happening here Jennifer?" Mrs. Rosy D'silva was cold as ice. "What do you mean by saying that you have no idea where your husband went?" her pitch increased.

"he-He didn't told me" she has no dare to face her mother-in-law. "I can see that, but why? It's past eleven and why your husband told you anything about his whereabouts?" Rosy D'silva's sound made Jennifer shiver for a second.

"Did you tried calling him?" Jennifer nodded her head in negative for this. How can she call him when she don't have his personal number with her. "Try now" she said with same coldness and Jennifer took a deep sigh and stood still without moving.

"You lied to me, Aren't you?" A horror crept Rosy's face when she observed the guilt Jennifer expressed.

"Open your mouth! You lied to me when you said that Derik accepted you, isn't it?" Rosy D'silva shouted and  her wrath shock Jennifer.

"You lied to me when you told me that you were pregnant and had a misscarrge right?" the intensity in her voice increased.

"Rosy what happened?" Xavier D'silva who woke up with the sound reached the living room following his wife's sound and Rosy nodded her head in negative, symbolically warning her husband not to poke his nose in this.

"I-i tried my best, but-Derik, he didn't even considered me as friend ma" her voice broke as tears escaped her eyes. Xavier D'silva locked himself in his room as he don't wanted to be a observer of their talks.

"That's not my problem! I want a heir for this family, I want Derik's child form you..." she sounded cold and Jennifer nodded her head with no confidence which irritated Rosy D'silva.

"where is your confidence Jennifer? Where is the confidence you had when you lied to me that Derik loves you and wants to marry you?" Jennifer held her head down in shame. Because that Jennifer who had  that much pride and confidence lost somewhere when she was busy trying to make her husband fall for her.

" Look Jennifer! I wanted you to be my daughter-in-law, I wanted only you for my son at that time, don't make me regret my decision, the outcome wouldn't be good then. You know what I mean, and you know that Derik won't think twice to go behind that woman once again" Jennifer's heart skipped a beat with Rosy D'silva's words and tears rolled down her cheeks as she controlled her sobs.

Abinaya opened the balcony door, As she didn't got any sleep that day

Abinaya opened the balcony door, As she didn't got any sleep that day. Akash occupied her mind for no reason that day. The time she spend with him bothered her more than she expected.