Chapter-9

Chapter-8
The glimpse of past

After 2 months

Two months passed like two days and nothing much changed at the D'silva family.

The distance between Abinaya and Akash reduced a bit. They became friends, fighting over silly things, going out to beach at times, and even cooking together when no one else is using the kitchen. But there was one thing that remained unchanged, the coldness Abinaya noticed between Jennifer and Derik.

Abinaya had a feeling that, it was just a normal couple fight when she noticed a distance between them which no one else seemed to notice. The Daniel she knows is not this cold and Akash talked a lot about them being a perfect couple. But the time that passed hadn't changed anything for better which created a concrete doubt about their relation and a little hope in her heart.

Abinaya was busy with arranging her cloths in her closet when she heard the door opening sound and a small smile crept her lips when Akash entered.

But he was tense and looked somewhat tired. "Seems like someone had a hard time at work?" Abinaya started the conversation. She loved their useless conversations which extended to the other edge of word.

Though they talked meaningless things it made her close to him without her knowledge.

"terrible day, Abinaya. Your bald head father-in-law made me work thrice" he said as he loosened his necktie.

"Hey! Respect. He is your father" Abinaya said with a fake anger. If their is someone else who became close to Abinaya in this two months means, It's Xavier D'silva. He was so sweet and she felt the father's love she missed in him.

And that made her realise one thing, all she heard and believed about that man was a big lie. The one thing she hated about D'silva family is their casteism.

The rumours about them separating Eric form his lover as she belonged to different caste is a familer tale on their neighborhood. And Xavier D'silva, implementing similar religious and casteist thoughts are nothing new for her. But now, living in this house for more than months, Abinaya didn't found anything like that.

And Abinaya is having this odd thought of being wrong about them is bothering her lately. "What if you are wrong and they all are good? What if you misunderstood something? Then you are destroying a family" Abinaya never had an clear answer for this question which raised in her mind now and then.

"Oiii! Where are you lost?" Akash who came out after freshing up dragged Abinaya out form her thoughts.

"Not in you" she smirked and he frowned. "Shall we go out now? What about beach! I'm really stressed and want some relief" Akash asked and Abinaya nodded her head after thinking.

She loved beaches and don't want to miss a chance. "Get ready and come down! I will wait for you in the dine love" he said with a wink. Even though Abinaya glared at him for that, she felt her heart flutter.

Abinaya did know that she is losing her control on herself with his charm but her mind is not ready to accept that this soon.