Chapter Eight: Deja Vu

Jake's POV:

My throat burned as the hard liquor traveled down it. This had to be at least my sixth or seventh shot of the night, but there was no way I could get through it sober. Caroline wouldn't leave me alone and now I had lost Erin. I felt a lump in my throat as she kept grinding with Skate on the dance floor a few feet from where our booth was. Gilinsky put his hand on my shoulder and nodded at Sammy. "Come on Caroline, let's dance." Sam said taking her waist and practically pulling her off of me. 

"Why the hell would Skate bring her here?" I asked slamming the shot glass on the table on front of us. "He didn't, she came to surprise him or more like surprise you. I told you you shouldn't have hooked up with her man, she has quite the reputation back in Omaha." he chuckled before putting the hookah pen up to his lips. "Yeah well I did, and now she thinks we're still together. Plus Erin's pissed at me." I said leaning back and put my head against the seat. I looked back at her and Skate, she had her forehead against his and her hand in the back of his hair. She pulled it causing him to smirk and she bit her bottom lip raising her eyebrow at him. Gilinsky handed the pen over to me, I snatched it roughly and brought it to my lips. "Can you really blame her though? You didn't exactly push Caroline away when she started flirting with you" Gilinsky said bringing a shot up to his lips, followed by a cough once he had swallowed the strong liquor. "I just don't know what to do, I mean I really like Erin but Caroline she still you know, turns me on. I'm just confused." I said before taking another hit from the pen and exhaling the smoke towards the ceiling. 

I couldn't stop watching her and Skate, that was supposed to be me out there with her. I knew she had every right to be upset with me, but at least I wasn't acting like she was with Skate. Skate looked like he was hungry for her and she just kept biting her lip and smirking at him. I slammed the pen down on the table and got up trying to find Caroline. Once I finally spotted her and Sam in the crowd I pulled her over to me. As soon as I felt her grind up against me, my lips found her neck and began to suck on it. If Erin wanted to play this game, then so could I. 

Erin's POV:

"He's looking" Skate whispered to me as my cue to bit my lip and smirk at him. "Thank you for this by the way" I said into his ear over the loud music. "Hey I don't mind, I just hope it works" Skate said moving his hands lower onto my ass. I had no real interest in Skate, but he agreed to try to give Jake a taste of his own medicine. I looked over at the booth to see Gilinsky alone, he left? He was that upset? My eyes searched all around us, trying to find Jake in the sea of people moving to the beat of the music. I finally spotted Caroline's tangled mess of hair and Jake with his head in the crook of her neck. I automatically felt a lump in my throat and my stomach felt sick. His eyes looked up to meet mine, followed by his face. He looked at me coldly and just simply nodded over at us. I flipped my hair over my shoulder as I turned back to face Skate. "I'm gonna cry" I said wrapping my arms around his neck. "No lil mama, don't do that. You're gonna have a good time no matter what happens with Foosh, come on this is your night." he said taking my hand and led me over to the booth where Gilinsky was. "Time to show Er a good time, Omaha style" Skate said slapping hands with Gilinsky. "Let's go then" Gilinsky said chuckling and led us over to the bar. They bought me a couple of shots and I downed them as quickly as I could. "Holy shit, Er you're a G!" Skate said laughing causing me to join in. I watched as Gilinsky ordered at least fifteen more to be brought over to our booth, then he pulled two joints out of his pocket. He handed one to Skate and kept one for himself, "You can share with me lil mama" Skate said with a wink and lit it up as we all slid back into the booth. 

I had Skate hold the joint as I took a hit of it, I could feel Jake watching me. I took Skates jaw in my hand softly, causing him to open his mouth. I blew the smoke into it slowly, making sure I looked as sexual as possible while doing so. "Dude, what's going on over here?" Sammy asked as he slid into the booth next to Gilinsky. "She's trying to make Foosh jealous" Gilinsky said chuckling and passed his joint to Sammy. I smirked and glanced over at Jake who looked furious, even with Caroline in his arms. I nodded at him the same way he had when we were dancing earlier, but I kept the smirk on my face. "I think your plan is working, he looks like he's going to snap" Skate whispered in my ear. I smiled and pushed his chest away from me. I could feel the alcohol and weed begin to kick in, as my vision started to get just a bit fuzzy. I took the joint from Skate and held it up to his lips for him and he took a hit. He brought his mouth close to mine as he french inhaled, I opened my mouth making an o as he exhaled, blowing the smoke into my mouth. I saw Jake and Caroline walk over to the table, and I exhaled the smoke in their direction as they approached us. "We just got word from Johnson that were staying at a hotel tonight" Jake said avoiding my obvious glares from across the table. "So we should probably get back to the bus, to get some stuff for the night." Caroline's annoying voice chimed in as she ran her hand up and down Jake's chest. She kept giving Jake seductive looks but he was too mad to even glance down at her. 

Skate kept his arm around me as we all waited in the hotel lobby, Jake and Caroline were getting a room together and my blood was boiling. So naturally Skate said he was getting a room with me, but we had no real intentions of doing anything together. The other rooms went Andrew and Johnson who had grown really close, and Sammy and Gilinsky. Brian and the others decided it would be a lot easier if they just stayed on the bus. We all rode the elevator up together and I attached myself to Skate's side. Jake and Caroline had their hands all over each other as they gave sloppy kisses back and forth. It made my stomach sick. Caroline took Jake's hand and practically ran to their room as we finally got to the top floor of the hotel. Skate kissed the top of my head as I leaned it on his shoulder and walked me down towards our room on the other side of the hall. As soon as we got inside I was ready to break down, Skate sighed, "Go change and take off that make up, then we can talk about it lil mama" he said rubbing my shoulders. I nodded and did as he told me, I threw on my old Bruins shirt and my Black Dog sweatpants before putting my long hair into a side ponytail. I wiped all of my make up off along with the tears that were falling from my eyes already. I didn't care if Skate saw me without make up at this point. 

I walked out of the bathroom to see Skate setting up a bed for himself on the floor, since our room only had one king size bed. "No, Skate please" "It's okay Er, I'll be fine" he said looking up from the pillows he was adjusting. "I know, I just really can't sleep alone tonight" I said feeling choked up and covered my mouth with my hand as I broke down. Skate stood up and walked over to me, pulling me into a hug. "Okay, okay" he said and picked me up placing me on the bed. I sat up and hugged my knees as he began picking up the bed he had set up for himself on the floor. He crawled into the bed next to me and pulled the covers over both of us. "Come here mama, lay down" he said opening up his arms and grabbing me as I moved towards him. I sobbed into his chest as he stroked my hair softly, "Do you want to talk about it?" I shook my head not even bothering to look up at him. "Okay shh, then go to sleep Er" he said trying to calm me down. It took a while, but I eventually tired myself out and fell asleep on Skate's now tear soaked chest. I was heartbroken, and Jake and I weren't even dating. I felt so much deja vu, was Jake just like Austin after all?

Author's Note:

Please leave comments guys! I would really love some ideas/feedback!