Chapter Eleven: Tailgates and Tears

Erin's POV:

I couldn't sleep at all, with all of the sweet texts I got from Mike and the longing looks from Jake, my mind was all over the place. I sighed before I flung the blankets off of my body and walked to the front of the bus where the small kitchen was. I rubbed my eyes vigorously as I poured myself a glass of water and looked at the clock hanging on the wall. It was already five am, I groaned before I took a long sip from the rim of the glass. I turned my head when I heard someone emerge from the back, it was Jake. I turned my head away from him quickly but as soon as he approached me he took my chin and turned my head towards his. Our eyes met and he connected his lips to mine, I kissed back for only a moment but then pulled away looking down. He tried to lift my chin again but I looked the other way, "Please stop Jake" I whispered with tears in my eyes. "I don't understand, I thought that-" "That after Caroline left everything would be exactly like it was before? You seriously thought that?" I asked now looking into his eyes as tears flowed from mine. "You think that it didn't break my heart to see you with her? For you to forget all about me as soon as you laid eyes on her? Jake I was a complete mess, I never showed it because after what happened with Austin I've taught myself to suck things up and get over it. I thought that you were different than him, I thought that you wouldn't hurt me." I said as I began to sob, Jake then pulled me in for a hug. "No! Jake, no! I can't do this anymore I can't keep making the same mistakes. I want to be someone's all or nothing, I can't be the side chick anymore. I can't be someone's second choice, I won't let myself go through all the pain for nothing. If you want me so badly, then I need to be your one and only. But you can't do that can you?" I said after I had freed myself from his grip. Jake stood there in shock, I knew he never expected me to put up a fight. But after all of the bull shit he put me though, I wasn't going back to him that easily. If I was even going back to him at all. "Goodnight Jake" I said sternly and walked past him so I could go back to bed. 

I woke up the next morning to see Skate sitting at the edge of my bed, I groaned as I sat up and looked at him confused. "What's up?" I asked just before he got up pulling me into a hug. "I'm so proud of you" he said rubbing my back softly. "You heard us?" "All of us did, we're all really proud of you for standing up to him. But I think he's going to try to win you back" Skate said pulling away from me. My eyes rolled as I began to get up from the bed, "Yeah, we'll see about that" I said grabbing my phone and walking out to the front of the bus where all the boys were. "Morning" I said as I grabbed a mug to make myself a cup of tea. All the boys replied at once except Jake, he said it after the others. I sat down at the table across from Gilinsky who was blushing and smiling down at his phone. "Well someones happy this morning." I laughed before taking a sip from my mug. "He probably got nudes from Madison Beer again" Sammy teased laughing loudly with Johnson and Skate. "Dude she's like fifteen eww" he said before turning back to me. "It's just my friend Emily, we've known each other since we were in diapers. She moved to Dallas after graduation last year so she could be closer to her school. So she invited me to this tailgating party her sorority is having for the Cowboys game." he said with a shrug. I smiled sweetly at him, "Well are you going?" I asked and set my mug down on the table. "I don't know I don't exactly want to go alone" he said looking back down at his phone as it buzzed on the table. "Well if she doesn't mind we can all go with you" I said as I got up to put my mug in the sink once I had finished all the tea. "I just texted her and she said it's cool if we go" Johnson said standing up from the couch. "I also told her how nervous you were about seeing her again" he smirked as he walked toward his bunk. "What?! Johnson!" Gilinsky said going after him reaching for his phone. I laughed and turned to the other guys, "What's up with him?" I asked still laughing a little. "Gilinsky's been in love with Emily for years, he was supposed to come here for college so he was going to tell her at graduation how he felt. But after Johnson and him blew up on Vine and plans changed, he decided it was pointless" Sammy said putting a snap back on his head. I sighed feeling bad for Jack, no wonder he would always get so mad when people would talk about him and Madison. It was because he still loved Emily no matter what.