Chapter Ten: Omaha

Erin's POV:

My legs laid over Big Mike's as I french inhaled after taking a hit of the blunt Skate had handed me. Sammy took it from my fingers and began to do the same. The four of us decided we had to get away for a little bit before the show tonight in Omaha. We sat in Skate's basement which also doubled as a recording studio.  "I'm really not feeling like performing with him tonight" I said as I lay my head back into Sammy's lap. "Then don't" Skate said from his desk chair in front of us. "How? Steven wants me to do six songs" I asked taking the blunt from Big Mike's hand softly. "So we make you a new song, right now" Sammy said smirking and I blew the smoke in his face. "No seriously, I've had this sick mix in mind but I needed a girl who could sing the Ariana Grande part" Sam said sitting up a bit straighter. "The one you told me about? Yeah that could actually work" Skate said pulling up a few things on his computer. "I don't know guys" I said a bit worried. "Come on Er, I promise everything will work out. Please?" Sammy said with a cheesy smile on his face. With a roll of my eyes I got up and walked over behind Skate, "Alright, what are my parts?" 

Even though we had gotten baked out of our minds we were able to finish the song. It actually sounded really good, I had Ariana's part, Big Mike took Big Sean's rap, Sammy took Justin Bieber's, and Skate took Juicy J's. We all decided that Gilinsky would probably take Maejor's part once we showed it to him later. I sat in my dressing room after I finished getting ready for the show. Tonight I had a black, tight, lace dress that was on the short side and my makeup was another smokey eye, but with a nude lip. I heard a knock at the door and watched as Brian opened it. "Mike is here to see you" he said teasingly with a smile on his face. I stood up and smiled widely as I saw Mike smiling down at me in his high school Letterman jacket and a pair of jeans. Once he approached me he pulled out a bunch of roses from behind his back, "For good luck" he said handing them to me. I smiled and kissed his cheek, "Hey big guy, FYI she likes sunflowers. Not roses" Jake said from the doorway of the dressing room. Mike rolled his eyes and put his arm around my shoulder pulling me into him. Jake gave me a frown and walked away from the door. I looked down biting my lip, I had no idea what I was doing. Mike then took his Letterman off, leaving him in just a black shirt and put the jacket over my small shoulders. "Here, for good luck. Will you wear it during our song tonight?" he asked with a smile. I giggled softly, "Yeah, of course" I said before he put his arm back around me and led me out of the dressing room. I heard the sound of a camera behind us and turned to see Andrew with my phone in his hands. "It's cute!" he said handing my phone to me. It was a really cute picture, I posted it to Twitter and Instagram right away with the caption @ErinMartinMusic: Wrap me in your jacket💕. The fans reacted right away, tagging Jake, asking who Mike was, asking who Caroline was, ect. I just locked my phone and forgot about it for the time being.  

Mike kept his arm around me and whispered in my ear as we watched Skate and Sammy on stage. I blushed and giggled even though Jake and Caroline were only a few feet away from us. Caroline was on his lap, kissing his neck, but he kept shrugging her off and typing on his phone furiously. I looked down checking my Twitter feed to see if he had said anything. @JakeFoushee: Imma love you harder baby, my heart sank. I knew it hurt Jake to see me with Mike, but he wasn't exactly breaking things off with Caroline anytime soon. We rapped along with Nothin' to a King to each other and laughed as we did so. "If it ain't nothing to a king, will you be my queen?" Mike asked connecting his forehead with mine. Was he asking me with be his girlfriend? So soon? I pecked his lips softly, "Maybe" I said with a smile causing him to kiss me again. I wasn't ready to say yes to being Mike's girlfriend, especially since I still had feelings for Jake no matter what. I pulled away after giving him a few pecks on his lips, I took off his jacket and put it down on a chair near Jake's DJ booth so I could grab it later. Skate and Sammy decided to introduce me since Jake had refused to before the show began. My dancers took their places and I walked out taking my place as usual. I was surprised that Jake actually played my music on time, I thought for sure he would try to ruin my performance somehow. After my song with Gilinsky, I looked off stage to see Jake trying to take the mic out of Big Mike's hand. Did no one tell him we weren't doing Best Mistake? I quickly brought my mic up to my lips, "Okay so next, some of the other guys and I have something new that we have been working on. So I hope you guys like it." I said as the music began. I hit all of my whistle tones, but went even higher than I usually do causing the crowd to scream. Jack then began to sing Maejor's part effortlessly even without any rehearsal before hand.Then Mike came out from stage left with his jacket in hand, as he went through the verse he wrapped the jacket around my shoulders. I blushed as I sang the next couple of lines and my dancers danced around me, the Sammy came out rapping his part and began goofing around with me as he did so. Then as Gilinsky sang again, Mike came up and pulled me into him putting our foreheads together and kissed my lips softly just as Skate came out. I heard a mix of cheers and boos from the crowd before we pulled away, but i shrugged it off and continued to have a good time with the guys. Soon everyone was on stage and dancing and singing along, even Caroline. I looked over to see Jake sitting off stage with his arms crossed and an angry look on his face. I sighed before I finished the song with all of the boys, "Thank you Omaha!" I said just as Mike wrapped his arms around my waist and took me off stage.

Most of us were hanging out in the Jacks dressing room after words except for Jake and Caroline of course. "I really wish you didn't have to leave" Mike said moving some hair away from my face and tucked it behind my ear. "I wish you could come with us" I said putting my forehead against his. "It doesn't work that way unfortunately" he said with a sigh and took my hand, intertwining our fingers. I sighed and rested my head on his chest as I felt his arms wrap around me. It felt so good to be in someones arms, but I won't lie it did feel wrong. The way Jake would hold me was so much better, when he held me it felt like I was his whole world and that he would do anything to protect me from anything. I missed the smell of his cologne, his strong arms, feeling his chest rise up and down with each breath he took. "Er?" Mike asked snapping me out of my own thoughts, "Hmm?" I looked up at him. "I have to get going" he said and we both sat up, "I'll walk you out" I said taking his hand leaving all of the boys in the dressing room. We finally made our way to the door and Mike was hugging me tight, he leaned down and kissed me deeply. But I didn't feel anything, no spark, nothing. I felt awful, here he was wanting me to be his girlfriend and yet I felt nothing. "Can I come see you in Boston sometime?" he asked after he pulled away. "I mean only if you want to" I giggled before he pulled me in for another kiss. "Until next time my queen" he smiled before he let go of me an walked out the door. I turned around to be facing Jake, he quickly cupped my face with both of his hands and pressed his lips into mine, slamming my back into the wall. My heart fluttered as I began to kiss him back passionately, he pulled away from me and rested his forehead against mine, keeping his hands cupped behind my ears and on my cheeks. "You may be his queen, but you're my goddess" he said looking into my eyes and pecked my lips once more before walking away. 

I decided not to tell the other boys about Jake, I knew they would just scold me for it anyway. We were all on the bus waiting for Jake and Caroline to come back so we could leave for Texas. But Jake got on alone, "Dude where's my cousin?" Skate asked from the couch. "Home, we broke up." Jake said walking past all of us to the back of the bus where his bed was. I couldn't believe he would end things with Caroline, I sighed contemplating if I should go back and talk to him or not. But by Gilinsky shaking his head no at me, I decided not to. I opened up Twitter to see Jarin still trending but now another hashtag was made, #Mirin. It was an all out twitter war over which one they shipped. There were even accounts named Team Mirin and Team Jarin. I never thought people would be so interested in my personal life so much. I had a hard enough time choosing between Jake and Mike, I really didn't need my fans giving their input too.  

Author's Note:

Thank you guys so much for over 500 reads! Also thank you for the comments! It feels so awesome to know that people actually read and like this story! Keep commenting and reading!