Chapter Twelve: Dallas

Erin's POV: 

I walked off of the bus following Emily and Jack, in between Andrew and Sammy who were trying to keep Jake away from me as much as possible. They were all still friends with Jake, but they knew that I couldn't be near him right now. Even if I wanted to I don't think they would let me, especially Skate. We walked into the arena and Sammy and Brian followed me into my dressing room. I sat down at the make up station and just looked at myself in the mirror. I missed Jake more than anything but I knew I couldn't just run back to him. I sighed pulling my phone out and began scrolling through the various texts Mike had sent me. "You gonna be okay Er?" Sammy asked looking over at me from the couch. I just nodded and faked a smile before I got up to go change. 

I finished getting into my lavender lace dress when Johnson and Andrew came to the door, "So there's a Youtube interviewer here and he's here to talk to all of us. Erin you're after Sammy who's next, Jake, Skate, Jack and I already went." I nodded as Andrew followed Sammy down the hall and I trailed behind him. I guess Andrew wanted to get all of the interviews for his vlog channel. I stood by watching as Sammy went through the questions with the interviewer who's name was Chris. Soon enough it was my turn and I took Sam's seat across from Chris. "Hey what's up guys we are here at Digitour with Miss Erin Martin, how are you doing?" he first said to the camera and then turned to me. "I'm good" I said with a fake smile, trying to put on my best act for the camera. "So tell me what's it like being on tour with all of these boys? It must be hard sometimes." he asked and pointed the mic towards me "You know you would think that but I love all of these guys, they are seriously like my brothers now and I love being with them" "And now speaking of the guys, twitter has been blowing up about you and two certain guys. Did you want to comment about that?" I sighed "Well I just wanted to say I am single, umm I mean I'm just trying to have a good time on tour. That's really all" I said and laughed lightly. "Okay, now umm how have people back home reacted to you representing Massachusetts not only on this tour but in the whole Digi community" "Wow umm well I know that my parents and friends are proud of me, but as for other people in Mass I have no idea. I hope I'm representing back home well." I laughed once again and covered my heart, feeling honored to represent my home state. "I'm sure you are, well thank you so much. This has been Chris Trondson and the beautiful Miss Erin Martin, signing off from Digitour." Chris said and I waved to the camera smiling. I thanked him and shook his hand before walking off to my dressing room with Andrew. 

"Er, come in here! There's someone I want you to meet!" I heard Johnson's voice say from his dressing room down that hall. I walked over with Andrew trailing behind me, we walked through the door way to see a tall brown haired boy with a flannel on. "Shawn this is Erin Martin and her friend Andrew, guys this is Shawn Mendes." Johnson said as Shawn shook hands with both of us. "Shawn's gonna be singing with you tonight" Johnson said with a smirk on his face. "Huh?" I asked looking over at him confused "Well I know that you don't want to do Best Mistake with Foosh anymore, so I figured that you and Shawn could work something out" he said with a shrug. I looked over at Jake who was looking back and forth at Shawn and myself. I expected him to speak up, but he didn't. "Did you have anything in mind?" I asked turning back to Shawn who guided me out of the Jack's dressing room. 

We sat down at the piano that was on the middle of the stage for the time being. We decided on Almost is Never Enough and Brian was now trying to give us some blocking to do to add a bit of chemistry. But I wasn't feeling it, the song made me think of Jake way too much to even look at Shawn right now. Brian sighed "Take a break you guys" he said before he and Shawn walked away. I sighed and looked down at my hands that sat in my lap, Emily then came over taking Shawn's former seat. "You okay?" she asked putting her hand on my shoulder. "I don't know" I shrugged and kept my head down. "It's Jake isn't it?" I nodded and Emily replied with a sigh, "I just want him to like make an effort you know? Show me that he wants to be with me and he's not." I said and ran a hand through my long curled hair. "Guys are stupid, look at me I had to wait how many years until Jack finally did something about his feelings." I sighed looking up at her, "Don't know if ready to wait that long for Jake" she shook her head, "Then don't" was all she said before she walked backstage where Jack was waiting to wrap her back up into his arms. 

That night I hugged Jack as we finished Love Me Harder and he walked off stage. Brian and the other dancers then began to wheel out the piano to the center of the stage. I hopped up onto it, sitting on the curve of the piano. "For the last song I want to bring someone out that I know all of you guys love. Please put your hands together for Shawn Mendes!" I smiled and clapped as he walked out giving me a hug first before he sat down at the piano. He looked up at me for approval before he began playing the intro of the song. I took a deep breath before I sang the first couple of notes with my eyes closed. Once Shawn took over the verse looked off stage to see Jake standing with his hands in his pockets. I kept my eyes glued on him even when I would pick up my parts of the duet. Shawn was looking over at me confused considering I was supposed to be making eye contact with him but my focus was only on Jake. Tears started to swell in my eyes as Jake bit his lip looking down at his feet, I squeezed my eyes shut as tears fell from them. The crowd began to whisper back and forth as if they were just as confused as Shawn. I finished the last couple of rifts we had and Shawn got up to give me a hug. He lifted me off the piano as he did so and made sure we went off on the side opposite of Jake. 

Jake's POV:

I wiped a few stray tears from my eyes as I watched Shawn walk her off stage, I was in love with this fucking girl and it felt like there was nothing I could do about it. I sat back down and brought the mic up to my lips, "Give it up for Shawn Mendes and Erin Martin everybody" I said having to clear my throat after to try to keep it together. I announced the Jacks and ran my hands through my hair as I leaned back in my chair. As soon as the Jacks went on stage Emily came up behind me, "You know it really sucks seeing both of you like this" she said bending down to get at the same level I was at. "Em, I have no idea what to do, I tried to get close to her again but she pushed me away. I feel like no matter what, she's not going to come back to me" I said shaking my head and looking down at my lap. I heard Emily sigh before she spoke up again, "Jake, she wants you to try harder. You can't just win her back by sweeping her into your arms and kissing her. She wants you to show her how much she really means to you. She wants you be proud to call her yours, she's never had that before" I was about to speak up again when I got a text from my brother Luke. "Is this true about that girl you like?" he asked and attached a link along with it. I opened it seeing a picture of Erin making out with some guy in a car with both of their shirts off. I scrolled down quickly and read the article. 

Is DigiTour Star Erin Martin, a Homewrecker? According to recent sources she is! Apparently before Miss Martin began her journey across the country with other vine stars, she was caught hooking up with a man who was in almost a six year relationship named Austin Peterson! Many fans are now questioning if the pair are still together considering how close her and her fellow tour-mate Jake Foushee have gotten at recent shows in Anaheim and Tempe. Well judging by this statement they may in fact be, "She got flowers from him every night and she would constantly be on her phone texting someone named Austin. I believe pictures were sent to him as well." Many fans are backing Erin, saying that the relationship is in fact over and that the last accusation was false. But we also have another statement that no comments have been made on, "He got her pregnant at one point and left her after he threatened her to get rid of it and never tell one of it or their relationship. They are not together anymore though, it was a very unhealthy relationship. If you could even call it one" We tried to reach Martin and any DigiTour reps for comments but they have refused. What do you guys think? Is this the real Erin Martin?

Author's Note:

Erin's secret is out! Who do you guys think leaked it? Let me know in the comments and don't forget to vote!