Tender is the Night for a Broken Heart {47}

♡♡♡

♡♡♡

Kakashi holds your hand tightly and approaches the area where the kids are, finally being able to smile under his mask as you lean your head on his shoulder, holding onto his arm with both of your own.

The small fire comes into view and he gets closer. When you get there, Sasuke, Sakura, and Naruto are all dead silent, quietly staring at the flame.

Kakashi tightens his hold on your hand and sighs loudly. "Look who I ran into."

All of the kids turn around and each of their faces— including Sasuke's— light up with a smile. Naruto immediately stands to his feet and runs over to you, jumping onto your body and hugging you tightly.

"Y/N-sensei! You came back!" He laughs. You immediately hug him back and your soul softens, allowing Naruto into your heart officially. "I'm back." You softly say.

The blond then pulls back and begins talking rapidly. You aren't even sure what he's speaking of because of how quick it is, but you don't care. All you're worried about is that you're finally back.

He then suddenly stops talking and runs to his bag, digging through it messily. Kakashi sees this and looks at him in confusion, you doing the same.

A minute or so passes and he pulls something out and runs back to you, holding out an instant cup of ramen with a large smile. "Here ya go! You look like you haven't eaten in a while. It's my last one. But you can have it."

You begin to decline but Sakura chimes in. "You should take it, Y/N-sensei. He doesn't just give anyone his last ramen." She laughs. You give in a grab the cup, leaning down and pressing a gentle kiss onto his forehead. "Thank you, Naruto."

The boy blushes and waves his hand at you, rubbing the back of his neck. "No problem... no problem."

Kakashi holds your hand and leads you to his sleeping bag, coaxing you down and taking a seat behind you, his arms around your waist and setting his chin on your shoulder.

Sakura grabs the pot of boiling water from the fire and grabs your cup, pouring in the water. "I- we miss you, Y/N-sensei." She softly says, a shaking smile on her lips.