Surprise! Surprise? {16}

♡♡♡

♡♡♡

You skip down the road and see Kakashi walking down, his hands in his pockets as he looks at you.

When you reach him, you latch onto his body and squeeze a forceful hug.

"I'm almost sixteen~!" You sing, a huge smile painted onto your lips. Your arms cut off a lot of his air supply so he pries you off of him and allows himself to breathe.

"I know." He chuckles.

You turn around with him and put your hands on your hips, walking beside him with a proud, happy aura. "You know what I want for my birthday~?" Your happy tone makes him smile and his heart flutters.

Whenever you're happy, he's happy.

"What is it?" He laughs.

Usually for your birthday he never actually gets you anything. Instead, he'll take you somewhere.

For your fourteenth birthday, he set up a scavenger hunt in the woods for you, leaving your favorite packaged foods in small coolers.

Although, you never did find the last item of the scavenger hunt. You weren't able to find it and when you asked Kakashi for help, he forgot where he hid it. So whatever it is, is now sitting in the woods just waiting to be found.

And your fifteenth, since you were both on a mission, he spent the night with you at an all-night festival at the village you were guarding.

Every year he says experiences last a lifetime, so there's no point in getting materialistic items.

And he's right, because even though those were only three days of your entire life, you replay memories of those days over and over again, finding a lot of comfort in them.

You crack your neck and stretch your arms out. "I wanna take you to this place." You announce. He furrows his eyebrows and squints his eyes. "That's not the way gifts work."

You roll your eyes but keep the same smile. "Obviously. But that's all I want. All I want is to take you. I want to show you what I've been working on for the past two years. So don't worry about doing anything." You nonchalantly say.