Headed Back Home {21}

♡♡♡

♡♡♡

You step foot into the gates of the Leaf and harsh chills run up your spine.

It seems so unwelcoming, very similar to how you remember it when you left the hospital after being first eaten away at by Akira, just your arm.

But now it's a whole lot more... which is why you need to ask your brother. You need to ask him before you become fully consumed.

You quickly and quietly make your way to the Hokage's office, keeping your head down and your hair falling over your face, casting a shadow over any recognizable features.

Honestly, you're scared. There isn't a clue in your mind as to who the Hokage is. You heard about Minato dying, but you've never confirmed anything. So you aren't sure if the Third took back his spot or if they found a new leader.

Although, you're hoping for someone new. Because if you're recognized, you aren't sure what to tell anybody.

As you walk up the steps, heavy nostalgia runs through your veins and you shiver, hating the feeling. It's basically the same as when you were a child.

When you weren't ruined.

Once you reach the big doors, you carefully knock and fiddle with your fingers, keeping your eyes glued to the floor. "Come in!" They yell, causing your eyes to widen and your lips to press together.

Sarutobi

The Third is still working as Hokage apparently, which means Minato did in fact die.

Knowing your fate, you hold your head high and open the doors, stepping in a few feet before deeply bowing. "Y/N.... S-Sato." You lie about your last name and hope he doesn't recognize you.

You stand up and keep a straight face, not allowing him to see your nervous demeanor as you stay there tall and mighty, your posture straight and hands balled at your sides.

The old man takes a smoke and his aged eyes squint, harshly staring at you. It seems as if he does in fact recognize you, but simply can't tell if it's you or not.