Winter Has Come Again {22}

♡♡♡

♡♡♡

Kakashi's walking up, his nose buried deep in a book— a book of porn. Something you can clearly tell by the giant circle backlash symbol printed on the back.

"Kakashi-sensei! Did you know we're getting another teacher? Now we have two." Naruto says, catching the silver-haired man's attention.

-Kakashi POV

I glance up with a confused expression and every last thing seems to stop around the earth.

There she is.

She's here.

How is she here?

This isn't like the dreams. She's in front of me, staring blankly with no emotion— a scar on her cheekbone resembling a cut with slight electricity marks coming off of it.

The... the only time I hurt her.

The dull colors around the world seem to gain a bit of vibrancy and my throat tightens to the point it hurts and no words are able to leave my mouth.

Have you ever heard of that thing called déjà vu? The feeling of familiarity washed over my body as soon as I laid my eyes on her, watching her somehow, someway, waltz right back into my life.

So many moons have passed and now she's back? After ten years of near hallowness, she's returned, and I couldn't feel more fullfilled.

Yet something about this feels wrong... but only because it's unfamiliar.

For the past decade, pain became such a large part of my life and I honestly can't remember a time it wasn't there. But now I'm feeling something else. I don't feel like a void. My insides are warm and fuzzy at the simple look of her face.