CROWN (Part 2)

Today was the day. Nene bit her lip as Aoi finished her hair.

"Stop looking like you're in pain," Aoi teased, poking her friend with a hairbrush. Nene tried for a smile as she adjusted her shiromuku (her white and red wedding kimono). "Now you're grimacing!" Aoi giggled.

"Sorry, Aoi-chan."

"It's your wedding day!" Aoi exclaimed. "And you're getting married to a prince!" How are you not excited?"

Nene bit her lip. "Aoi-chan . . ."

"Is it because you have a crush on Amane-sama?" Aoi giggled, grinning. Nene blushed.

"W-Wha?" Nene stammered. "W-what makes you s-say that--"

"Yashiro?"

Both girls turned towards the door.

Nene blushed harder as Aoi rushed to curtsy.

"Your Highness!" she exclaimed. Nene didn't say anything.

"Ah, thank you." Amane bobbed his head. "Is there a chance you could give me and Yashiro a moment?"

"Of course!" Aoi said, and quickly scrambled out of the room.

Amane crossed the room to Nene, who stayed seated. She had gone back to staring at her reflection.

"You look amazing," Amane said, smiling. "The dress, and your make-up and hair-- it's beautiful." Nene blushed harder and looked away.

Suddenly, Amane pulled Nene out of the chair. She squeaked and Amane hugged her against his chest.

"I hate this," he breathed. Nene leaned her forehead against him. "I hate that Tsukasa did this just to make me angry. He knows that--" Amane quickly cut himself off.

"He knows what?" Nene asked, leaning back from Amane's embrace. She noticed Amane was blushing.

"It's not important," he said, pulling Nene back to him. Nene tried to push away, but he was too strong. "But, Yashiro . . ."

"Yeah?"

"Do you want to go through with this?"

Nene didn't say anything for a minute. But she finally found her voice when Amane gave her shoulder a gentle squeeze.

"I . . . I don't have a choice, do I?" she mumbled.

When Amane pulled back, Nene was surprised to see his shocked expression.

"What?" he demanded. Nene blinked. "Yashiro, you always have a choice!"

"B-but--"

"Yashiro . . ." Amane blew out a breath and shook his head. "Look, I've been working on this plan, and I'll see if . . . I dunno, maybe . . ."

He smiled sadly.

"Thank you, Amane."

Amane blinked. "Huh? For what?"

"For being there for me." Nene smiled. "Thank you."

"You're welcome," Amane smiled. "And . . . of course."

~~_~~

"It's almost time!" Aoi grinned and whispered. Nene looked away.

"I d-don't know i-if--"

"Look, Tsukasa-sama's ready for you!" Aoi exclaimed, poking her head through a door.

"W-wait, I can't--"

"It's time!" Aoi squeaked, quietly clapping her hands together. "I have to go. Good luck, Nene-chan!" Aoi slid through the door.

By request of Tsukasa, the wedding was to proceed in a different way than the average Shinto wedding that the castle was expecting. For one, it wasn't taking place in a shrine.

First, Nene entered through the door to the large hall where Tsukasa and the rest of the guests were waiting.

But once Nene laid eyes on Tsukasa, she realized Amane's plan.

The only people in the entire castle that could distinguish between Amane and Tsukasa, if they were wearing the same clothes, was Nene and their parents. And the twins' parents were sitting on the other side of the room, so they wouldn't be able to tell.

So when Nene sat next to the supposed groom, she didn't hesitate to whisper, "Amane?"

Amane winked. "Hey there, Yashiro." 

A/N:

Ha, I'm totally making y'all wait for a part 3. XD (Don't worry, it won't be a crazy long wait. {I hope}). 

I actually did a huge amount of research on Japanese weddings, and it was super cool! I learned about a whole bunch of stuff-- like furisode, irouchikake, shiromuku, wataboshi, and tsunokakushi

But still, I'm really sorry if I offend anyone who actually knows what they're talking about when it comes to Japanese weddings. I'm still learning. 😅

Stay safe and healthy!

~~ Author-chan ~~