Letter 19

From a very young age we were asked what we wanted to be when we got older and all our answers were a princess or an astronaut, something unrealistic. As we got older we got asked the same question and our answers switched from a princess to a lawyer from an astronaut to a writer. From a very young age we thought the world was so easy and everybody was nice and laid back, we didn't know what was out there. From a very young age our parents told us not to talk to strangers on the internet they taught us to stay away from strangers period. From a very young age our parents taught us right from wrong they taught us to say please when asking for something, they taught us to say yes please when we get offered something, they taught us to say thank you after we receive something, they taught us to say no thank you if we didn't want something.

        As we got older stuff changed we started to make our own paths and figure ourselves out. As we got older we started to grow meaning we hit puberty and went through an awkward stage. As we got older we made friends that swore would stay with us through everything but they ended up leaving. As we got older we gave attitude towards our parents because we thought they did everything wrong. As we got older we were forced to make decisions that would decide our future. As we got older we discovered who we wanted to be.

        I went to your house today to pick up some boxes. Your mother told me that I should really go through them, she told me it would help me with closer. She invited me in for some coffee but I told her that I had to go, she knew I was lying. I think she's happy again. I only had a thorough conversation with her she said "Now Avery I know you're sad, we all are but she would want us happy." I just smiled and turned away.

        I have a feeling if you were here with me, we would be sitting on the swings with an ice cream in each hand. My friend I miss you so much, really I do. I think to myself everyday that maybe if I told you something then you would still be here. I know it's not my fault but at the same time I think it is.

        I don't think of her as my best friend anymore. I don't call her to see if she wants to meet up anymore, I don't text her and pour all my problems out anymore, I don't trust her anymore. My friend when did friendships become about lying and keeping secrets? I'm distancing myself from you and I'm sorry you have to deal with it but I can't deal with you, not anymore.

        My friend promise me that when I see you again you'll be there to welcome me. Promise me that you'll be there to hug me tightly. Promise that when I come you'll tell God that you need the day off because you've missed me so much and you don't want to lose me again. Promise me that when I get there you'll tell me you love me.

        Please.

        My friend I love and miss you,I'll see you soon I promise.