Chapter 21

Dylan's POV

"I'm sorry about this. We really need the money." The man from before said.

Maybe I can convince him. "If you want money, I can give it to you. Just tell me how much and help me out of here."

"Where would you get the money? Samuel told us your broke! Besides... your a dyke and you deserves to burn in hell. We'll be saving the baby's soul once we gave your child away." He's clearly brainwashed.

Maybe I could try harder. "What's your name?"

"You can call me Isaiah." So everyone here had a bible name. Great!

"Okay Isaiah. Hear me out." I paused and swallowed my own saliva. "My family's rich. Try to call this number and you'll have any amount you want. Just how much are you going to sell my baby?"

"The last bid was 125,000 bucks." Seriously? That's dent in my wallet. I could probably pay him in cash at this moment. All I have to do was open the vault where I kept all my winnings during my underground days.

"I can give you more. No tricks! It's in my house. You can take everything or if you want, I can wire you the money! Right here and now. Just help me! You can walk away from them. I promise you, my family's looking for me and they will find me." At least I need to buy some time and if I could buy this guy, then it'll be better since it's really hard to move. I could also feel a little bit of contractions.

"I can't Samuel would be angry!"

"Do you always do what Samuel asked you?"

"No. Samuel took over when Abraham died. We were not like this before. It all changed because of him and our brothers and sisters liked it because he brings money."

If it's only money then I think I could really persuade him and if I wire the money right now, it's possible that Dan could trace the signal. "Give me your phone and I'll wire you the money. Any amount you want. Then you can all walk away."

"I... I don't know."

"Would you be able to sleep soundly knowing that you killed someone? Knowing that I have a boy and a wife waiting for me? Desperately trying to find me? That my baby would be raised by other people? Can you really live with that?"

"Shut up!"

"Samuel's just using your group. He's not one of you. He has his own agenda! He wanted me dead so he could steal my wife! He knows my wife's a doctor and came from a good family! They can pay more than 125k!"

"Shut up! Your lying!"

"Get your phone and I'll show you our account."

"So you can trace us? No way!"

"Then call her and arranged for a drop! Isaiah, they will find me. If you help me then I could help you else, you're all going to rot in jail if the police managed to find you first because if my father and friend finds you first, you're all going to die." I weakly said as my stomach contracted. Oh please my child, it's not time yet.

"What the hell are you doing?" Samuel yelled. "I told you to give her the sedatives!"

"She said she can give us more money! More than the amount from the bid!"

"And you believe her? I told you! A dyke like her is a devil's soldier! You can't trust them! Like you can't trust your teacher who took advantage of you!" So that's his story. He was molested and became a hater and then Samuel took advantaged of them.

"Sorry." Fuck! I lost! "I'll sedate her now." He then placed something in a hanky, covered my nose and then there was darkness.

Van's POV

"Blue, are you sure about this place?" We parked at least three blocks away from an abandoned warehouse where the SUV was last seen based on Red's data. Then Blue confirmed it from one of his informant.

"Positive. My source told me that it's the base of Adam&Eve cult."

"Okay." I nodded. "Green! Scout the area! How many are there and find Dylan! Don't approach. Wait for my orders." He nodded and went out the van.

"Boss." Red said from the earpiece. "KPA incoming. Shall we coordinate?"

"Patch me to Shadow Walker." It's too risky if both of our group would suddenly barged in and rescue Dylan. She might be caught in the cross fire if we didn't coordinate our attacks. Besides it was a big warehouse and there's only less than ten of us including me. KPA consisted of larger number knowing that Alex must have deployed all his resources.

"Yes boss."

Dan's POV

"Uncle! Van's on the phone. I'll put you in speaker!" I pressed the speaker button and Van started to talk.

"We're at the warehouse. I saw your troops coming. I already deployed my men to scout the area but they won't approach if not necessary. Who's in-charge? I don't want Dylan to be caught in the middle."

"Thank you Van! Even if I told you to stand back I'm sure you wont since you wanted to ensure the safety of your friend." Uncle replied.

"Dy's like a sister to me. And she's carrying my first godchild."

Dylan asked Van and I before that she wanted us to be her child's godmothers. Of course, we both agreed without hesitation.

"Gio, work with Van. Keep me updated." Uncle ordered via radio. "Van, Gio's the main contact. Dan will give you our frequency. Be safe! And thank you."

"Will do."

Van cut the line and switched their frequency to ours because I could hear her talking to Gio on the radio.

Nick's POV

"We should be rescuing Dylan now instead of having a pissing match with Major Case!" I yelled at our captain.

"Stand down detective."

"Yeah stand down." Detective Newton echoed. "What makes you think that you can just barge in without probable cause? And what makes you think that it was that group? Do you have solid evidence?"

I couldn't really tell him that our source was a hacker. "It came from one of my C.I. and Nica managed to find a lead based from the victim's last location.

"And you didn't tell us why?" He said sarcastically.

"You're the one who basically blew us off." Lexi replied. "So instead of sitting here and fighting for no particular reason, let us go and check the warehouse."

"You still need a warrant and I doubt any judge is stupid enough to sign without solid proof." Detective Jordan replied. They don't really have any idea who they're dealing with.

"A.D.A Mia Anderson just called and secured the warrant." I grinned.

"Wow! You have a whole SWAT team at your disposal as well as an ADA!" Newton said. I can't tell if he's being sarcastic or not.

"Time's wasting! Captain? If we don't move now, KPA will move!"

"Go and check!" He ordered.

Van's POV

"Boss! It's confirm! Dylan's there and we need to hurry! I saw myself that they are preparing to operate on her to get her baby!" Green reported.

"Get ready! We're moving!"

"Be careful Van!" Alex' voice from the radio.