Chapter 10

Dylan's POV

Ashley had been acting strange for the last couple of days. I knew something was bothering her but she's not ready to tell me so I didn't pry. Our relationship was not only built on love but also in faith and trust. Besides, love alone can't make a relationship rather it could make a person crazy based on my personal experience.

I know about her stalker/admirer. He's three children also attended the same school as Mikey. I have met two of them due to the altercation with Mikey and the man was really a bad news. I'm not saying that he's a bad father but how his child react clearly reflected him. His son had a violent temper while her daughter was a liar. I could see it in her eyes. They were just like someone from my past.

"Hey... I need to go." She said then kissed me at my lips. "I'm really sorry... Emergency."

"I know. I understand. Go and save lives." I smiled at her to assure her that I understand her work and it's okay. In fact, I'm proud of her for saving many lives each day. "I love you."

"I love you more. Mikey should be getting up soon. Bye! Love yah!" And then she was gone. I stayed in bed for a couple more minutes then got up to prepare breakfast.

Since coffee was out of the menu, I boiled some water to make tea. Apparently, Mikey also loved tea which was ofd for a kid. It was also good thing that my eating habits were back to normal that I don't burden Anna or Andrea anymore for variety of food. I took some bacons and egg to cook. It was everyone's favorite.

"Morning Ma!" As expected. Mikey's all dressed up and ready for school. "Where's Mom?"

"Got called in." I replied as I plated our meal.

"I barely see her lately ma. I miss mom." It was such a rare occasion that Mikey would say something like that. "Is she going to be at my play?"

"Don't worry little man. Your mom's just a little busy. You know she's saving lives."

"I know. Sorry... Mom..." I could feel the hurt from our son's voice. He wasn't really the type who asked or demand attention but the fact that he asked for his other mother meant that Ashley's absence had been too often.

"It's okay young man. I miss your mom too. Don't worry, she promised to come and she had never broken a promise... Haven't she?" I understand Ashley's dedication to her work but I'm afraid Mikey's still too young to understand.

Sometime's I wished for Ashley to just stay at home and take care of our family. Both of us could even stop working and still be able to live generously for several lifetime. However, I don't want to be selfish and deprived her of her career. She had always wanted to become a doctor.

Well, it won't really hurt to have a talk with her. Maybe to ask her for lesser work time or maybe suggest a vacation since I know when the baby comes, all our time would be consumed.

"I'm done eating ma. I'll be going now." He put his plate to the sink, kissed me and got his bag.

"Study hard! See you later."

Since dad had taken most control of the company again, I gained a lot of free time. He only gave me light workload since he doesn't want to overwork me. Getting my phone, I dialed his number to asked for a day off.

Ashley's POV

There haven't been any progress with Janie, the kid Jane Doe that was brought here a couple of weeks ago. We have been monitoring her brain activity and results of her test were all positive. It's a wonder why she hasn't waken up yet.

"A penny for your thought?" The hair at the back of my neck shivered at his voice. "Here... it seems you need this." He handed me a cup of coffee.

"Thanks... But someone advised me before never to accept drinks from strangers." I reveled at the memory.