Chapter 9

Dylan's POV

"Woah! Easy there! No wonder you got so huge in small amount of time." Van commented as I took a big bite of my burger.

"Give me a break. I'm eating for two. Besides, finally! no more morning sickness and I got my appetite back. Also, doc said the baby's too small so I got to ear more." It's been two weeks since my last appointment and I just entered my twentieth week.

"Fine! Fine! Whatever!" She just waved her hand as she tried to put a bolt in the crib that she was assembling. When the nausea and dizziness went away, my appetite spiked as if making up for lost time. My pallet was also back to normal so I could almost anything as long as it won't cause problems to the baby. "So you're just going to hide here until you pop?"

Since I have been eating a lot, I also became bigger and even if I'm proud of being pregnant, I'm not proud of my current image. I'm as big as a cow. Also, one morning my clothes doesn't fit anymore so I have been working from home and will work from home until I deliver. "Yes. That's the plan. How about you and Anna. Any luck?"

By the look of Van, it seemed like they were still not successful. "She had her period today."

"You're only trying artificial insemination right?" She nodded. "Have you though about in vitro?"

"That's our next plan. We're researching for clinic now."

"I can refer you to one."

"Really?"

"Yes! And you can even watch the whole process."

"That's great! Anna would be delighted." She smiled genuinely. Another thing in common for both of us was we're both good at pretending. We hide behind faux smile when needed. But when we're with people we trusted, our true self emerges. "So how does it feel? You know being pregnant?"

"I can't really explain. I think you'll have to experience it to know." My emotions were mixed to excitement, delight and happiness but at the same time full of doubts, anxiety and fear. It's hard to explain.

"Guess I'll never knee since I don't plan on carrying."

"I said that too. I like seeing pregnant women. I think it was great but the thought of being one gave me chills. But I was so wrong. It's the most wonderful thing that happened to me."

"Let's see. Maybe if Anna and I struck out." There's a hint of sadness and disappointment in her voice. I can't blame her since they were trying for a long time now.

Changing the topic was in order to lighten the mood. "Have you think about the merger?"

"Yeah. I have discussed it also with the board. I'll draft the papers and will send it to you."

"You'll draft the papers yourself?"

"Yeah. Why do you think I got law degree?"

I raised a brow as a response. "Really? You want me to answer that?"

"Okay! Fine. You got me! But yes. In a multibillion dollar deals like this, I make sure to do everything be myself." Not long after we have been held hostage and shot. We became close friend which was good since I don't really have any friend. We learned many things about each other like she wasn't only a company lawyer but also the owner and CEO.

"It's going to be one if not the biggest merger in the business world." Our company's both the best in our industry to this merger's going to be big.

"I know so you need to be careful. There's a lot of company's that will try to stop it and even try to harm us. I had my fair share of death threats." We had received a lot of threats. That's why we have personal guard all the time and private investigators but still it wasn't enough.