Chapter 4

Dylan's POV

"Oh goodness..." I groaned after I emptied the contents of my stomach for the nth time this morning. I shouldn't have rejoiced a lot when I didn't experience any morning sickness or other pregnancy symptoms during my first trimester but now, I'm regretting it.

I just entered my 14th week and my senses, especially my hormones suddenly went in chaos. I hated the slightest scent of any flowers or perfume. I even despised my old rose scented body wash. Everything in out bathroom had been change to unscented.

Ashley stopped using scented soaps, lotions and perfume too. She also needed to take long shower before getting in the bed with me since my stomach can't handle the smell of blood.

My stomach also started to show and I'm feeling lazy everyday. Our doctor assured us that nothing's wrong with the baby after conduction several test and what I had been experiencing was normal for a pregnant woman.

My intake of food also tripled. I needed to eat almost every two hours just to satiate my appetite and worst of all, I can't seem to eat the same thing. My stomach turns at the mention of left over and I could even remember when or where we ate a particular dish. Thankfully, Andrea and Anna volunteered to cook for me and they even made diet plan for the duration of my pregnancy.

Dad went back and took command of the office since I tend to fall asleep a lot and bitch everyone. Also, I have mentioned to him about the merger between out company and Van's. He was reluctant at first but agreed at the end. I never thought to asked him why he did't do it sooner.

"Shhh... It's going to be okay." Ashley said as she held my hair and tap my back. "It'll pass." She then handed me water.

"I don't think I could do this anymore." My emotion's wreck. The bad-ass Dy suddenly went and hid under the bed while the whiny and pregnant Dy took over. "I feel so dizzy..."

"Let me help you back to bed."

"Thanks."

"Anything for you my love..."

"Aren't you going to be late?"

"It's okay, I filed for a leave today."

"But..."

"No buts... you and our child first." She smiled. "Besides, I have to be at Mikey's school to speak about my job in front of his class."

"Yeah... I remembered... He told me that he loves me so much but your job's much cooler and more exiting." I sighed. "I never should have brought him at that one time when we had an emergency meeting. I think I bored him to death."

"Yeah... I remember that." She kissed my forehead as I close my eyes as she guided me back to the bed. The dizziness lessens when my eyes were close ." But he also told us that he wanted to be a fire fighter."

I nodded and laid back to bed. She laid besides me and wrap her arm to my growing belly. "I'm so sorry."

"Why?"

"Because you're feeling this way. I'm the one who should be at your position."

"Shhh... Don't be sorry baby. You know I love to carry our child and if I have to do this again a few more times then I'll do it in a heartbeat."

When Andrea was pregnant, Ashley admitted that she was slight envious and wanted to bear a child too. However, she also wanted to focus on her studies and have a great career. Being a doctor wasn't a walk in the park. When she was just an intern, she worked until wee hours. It was part of their training, then she would study the cases at home. Her workload became heavier when she became a resident since part of her job was to train interns. And due to the stress of her workload, I volunteered to carry our child since I my job was physically lighter than hers.