Chapter 12

Dylan's POV

"Dear cousin. You know I trust you but you shouldn't even be driving much less a fly a helicopter." Dan said. It was Monday, Ashley had already gone to work while Mikey's at school. Dan was also supposed to be at work but I borrowed her for a while. "Where are we going?"

"To the light house. It's faster this way and don't worry. I'm not that delicate anymore." I explained. The moment I mentioned to her the lighthouse, she knew that it was serious. I only go to that place when I'm really down and wanted to get away.

I landed at the 'H' mark a few feet from the light house. In time, a lot of improvement have been made. One of them was adding a glass exterior elevator as requested Ashley, Andrea and Dan. While Mikey and I used to race to the top.

Since I'm pregnant, I used the elevator for the first time so we reached the top in no time. I settled at the soft couch and took some carbonated water. I really wanted to drink some beer but I'm pregnant. "Talk to me cous." Dan said as she sat besides me.

"I'm afraid that I might loose Ashley." My voice was coursed and raspy as I tried not to cry.

"How can you say that?"

"Her first crush or love suddenly reappeared and she told me that she was experiencing some sensation that she only used to feel with me." By then, I could feel the first batch of tears falling from my eyes. "What if she realized that everything's a mistake? What if one day she leaves me? What would I do?"

"Shhh... Don't cry cousin." She tried to place a comforting hand on my shoulder but it wasn't helping.

I wished I could say that it was just the hormones but my greatest fear was loosing Ashley. She's my life. "I don't wanna loose her. I can't loose her. I love her so much."

"I know that and she loves you too. And no matter what happens, I'm here for you. We're all here for you."

"I know she loves me and I trusted her but I'm still afraid. What if I woke up one day in an empty bed?"

"Then I'll find her and bring her back to you. You know no one could hide from me. And if she leaves you, then she doesn't deserve you. And I'm sure even if she's Andrea's sister, Andrea would give her a mouthful too." I wish it would be that easy. "You have been together for a long time. She married you. You escaped death. I'm sure you'll figure it out."

"I hope so. I'm sorry. You know I'm not really like this. Must be the hormones." Truthfully, I knew it wasn't the hormones.

"Hey... It's okay. Whatever happens, you'll overcome it. She loves you. I'm sure of that."

"I know. Thanks for listening. I really owe you."

"You know that we're more like sisters than cousin. I'll always be here for you."

"I know. Thanks." We stayed at the lighthouse until I can compose myself before I flew us back to the city.

Ashley's POV

Things between Dylan and I have been tough since after the talk. She acted normal but I knew that I hurt her and I'm pissed at myself for causing her pain.

This emotional turmoil must stop. However, I don't know how? Dr. Kyle wasn't even flirting at me nor showing any signs that he wanted me so why am I feeling like a lovestruck teenager when around him.

Good thing that I'm alone in the resident's lounge that no one saw me bump my head at my locker. "Pull yourself together Ashley."

The rest of my day have been very busy. There's an flu going around so we're down by three doctors. I made sure to take necessary precautions not to contract the virus and bring it home for the sake of my family.

"Going home?" Came from a familiar voice.

"Yes. You?"

"Not yet, I still need to check on few patients."

"Okay. See you then." When I was about to go, he held my arm and stopped me. "What?" I tried to sound cold to fight my on going blush.

"It's just that... Would you like to have dinner with me?" Holy shit. Did he just asked me that? "Just to catch up. You know... "

I know I'm a wreck but after out talk, I have made up my mind. "I'm sorry Dr. Kyle but I'm already married." I then showed her my ring that acted as pendant to my necklace. I'm afraid to loose it so I put it on my necklace every time I go to work.

"Oh... I didn't know. I'm sorry and I'm happy for you. I just thought that..."

"Yeah I know... I'm sorry if I sent you mixed signals."

"No... No... It's my fault. I'm really sorry and I'm happy for you."

"Thank you." It was the first time that I was able to look directly at his eyes and avoid blushing. It seemed having clean conscience helped a lot. Besides, I was stupid to even let my feelings get the better of me.

Driving myself home, I couldn't help but feel delighted that I managed to overcome my little crush. I love my family and I won't do anything stupid to ruin our family. They were all good people. My wife's perfect. Our's son's was great kid. My father-in-law's full if mischief and king of jokers but was a great person. I'm so lucky to be part of that family.

Our house was dimly lit when I parked my car. As soon as I opened the door, there were scattered rose petals on the floor. I followed them and lead me to the dining hall where my beautiful wife was waiting for me. "Wow."

She held a hand which I accepted. "Would my gorgeous wife join me for romantic dinner?"

I felt guiltier than ever, I knew what she was doing. Instead of pushing me away, she's fighting for me even though she already won the bout. "I'd be honored."

"Mikey and I cooked them. He's at Dan right now. He'll stay the night."

I looked at the table and saw that they prepared my favorite dishes. I can't help myself but envelop her in hug. "What did I do to deserve you. I'm so sorry for being stupid."

"Because I love you Ashley and I will fight for you."

"I love you too more than you'll ever know."

She wiped the tears from my eyes. "Come on, dinner's getting cold and out dessert's waiting on our room." She grinned. Oh I can't wait for the dessert.

A/N: Do you have any suggestions for their child's name?