Chapter 8

Dylan's POV

"This is going to be cold." Dr. Smith said as she put some gel to my bare stomach. I winced at the cold sensation that I felt. This was not the first time but I could never get used to the feeling.

"I know." I grinned.

"Okay. Here we go." She then placed the probe on my belly and started moving it until she saw something.

Then I noticed that instead of looking at the display monitor, Ashley's staring at me. "See something you like?"

"Yes! Very much actually." She smiled. "Actually, I'm afraid that if I look at the monitor, I might find out the gender. We haven't discussed it yet."

"Haha! I forgot about that."

"Well... I can say that it's safe to watch the monitor Ash, you have a little budda in here." Dr. Smith said.

Ashley then looked at the monitor and nodded. I'm still confused in what they were talking about so I cleared my throat a little to get their attention. "Sorry dear. Look at the monitor then you'll know." I did what was instructed and was awe at the display. The little life growing inside me looked like a real human now. I could clearly see the head, little hands and feet. Unlike the last time. "Look at it's feet, they were crossed as if to tell us to that it didn't want us to know yet. We call babies 'budda' every time that they were in that position."

Now I understand. Ashley and I hadn't exactly discussed yet if we wanted to know the gender but the surprise was killing me. We both slipped that we wanted a little girl since we already have a boy but Mikey on the other hand wanted a baby brother. But in reality, the gender doesn't matter as long as the baby's healthy. Besides, the gender was not the basis of human's sexuality.

"How's our baby doc?" I asked. She then turned a knob and I heard a beating sound. "Is that what I think it is?"

"Yes baby. It's our child's heartbeat." By this moment, my eyes were pooling. I never felt this soft or emotional since the day I married the love of my life. And I could see that Ashley's sharing the same emotional feelings with me.

"Your baby's heart beat is strong which is good." The doctor started. "You said that you haven't felt sick in the last days." I nodded. The 'morning' sickness mostly happened on 'mornings' for the past days which was relieving. "The baby's a little small so you need to eat more. Continue your pre-natal care regiments and you're both going to be okay.

"Can I go back to work?"

"I don't see the reason why not. But if it becomes too stressful, you need to stop. If you fell anything out of ordinary, you need to stop and call me. Understood?"

"Yes doc."

"Let me just wipe the gel off and then I'll print you the ultrasound results."

"No need M.G. I'll do it." Dr. Smith nodded and let my wife cleaned me up. "Where do you want to go after this?" She asked as wipes my belly.

"We can go to the mall and start the nursery?" Since I have stuck in the house for a while, the only thing that had been keeping me sane was the internet where I search for different kinds of room designs, cribs, cabinets, basinets, car seats and many more.

There's one more empty room at the house that was still bare. It only had plain white paint on it. It's finally time to decorate it and fill it with baby stuffs.

"We need to paint the room first."

"I know. We can go to the hardware store and pick a color then we'll have it delivered. Then go to that baby store that I found at the net that has these cute little things."