Chapter 13

Dylan's POV

Ashley and I's relationship had been put into test but it made our love stronger. Never in my mind that I doubted her however, I can't help but feel scared and threaten.

We were still so young when she agreed to be with me. We have been living together and before we knew it, we adopted a child. My world became hers and her world became mine.

I'm already at thirtieth week of pregnancy and my belly have grown so large. There was a time when we had a scare so I was placed into bed rest. I'm not even supposed to get out but today was Mikey's play and there's no chance that I'll miss it.

"Here, I found our seats." Ashley held me close and assisted me all the way. She took lesser work load so she was at home most of the time. I'm happy, Mikey's happy and I just hope she doesn't regretted her decision.

The auditorium in Mikey's school was thankfully a bit spacious so I was able to move around. Good thing that my seat was at the isles since my I need to urinate a lot. I just hoped I could hold it until the play was over.

"I took this from the girl." Ashley showed me the program book. "Their doing the sounds of music." Wow! That's one of my most favorite play/movie.

"He knew I love that play. What's his role?" I asked excitedly.

"You guess?"

"Come on tell me. You know I don't like to guess..." I whined and pouted.

"Fine! He's Captain Von Trap!"

"Really? Amazing!" And when I though everything's going well, an unwanted presence came to our view.

"Excuse us please?" It was Ben. "That's my seat." He pointed at the vacant space besides Ashley.

I stood up to give way but instead of letting my wife seat next to him, I opted to exchange seat with her. After I readied my video camera, I looped my arm around my wife protectively while she placed her hand on my belly. I grinned when I saw his reaction at the side of my eyes. Serves him right.

The lights went out to signal the start of the play. The kids were great. None of them have forgotten their line. All of them could really sing well but of course, my son's the best. I also can't help but notice the chemistry that he had towards the girl that's playing the role of Maria. As if the roles were really meant for them.

Good thing I was able to hold my bladder until the first half of the play. A twenty minute break was given so we used that time to go the the nearest toilet.

I went and waited in line inside the toilet while Ashley offered to buy something to nibble. "The boy who's playing Captain Von Trapp is really amazing." I can't help but smile from the praised that my son's getting.

"He has a very nice and strong voice. And very handsome too." My ears were overflowing with delight.

After the bathroom break, I told Ashley what I heard on the toilet. "I'm proud of him."

The whole play was magnificent. It's impossible to believe that they were not professionals on stage. Their efforts have been greatly rewarded. A full crowed of standing ovation was given the moment they bowed at the end.

"Bravo!" Someone yelled.

"Mikey told us to meet backstage." Ashley said.

"Come on then." We let most of the parents leave first before fighting our way towards the backstage where it was full of people.

"Mom! Ma!" Mikey called us. "You made it!"

"Of course! We wouldn't miss it for the world." I responded. "You did great! I'm so proud of you!"

"It's a team effort ma. Come, I'll introduce you to someone." He pulled both of our hands but walked slowly knowing my condition. "Ma, mom, this is Erica, the one who performed Maria." I noticed Mikey blushed a little when he introduced her to us. Haha, my little man's got a crush.

"Nice to meet you ma'am. Mikey told me a lot about you." The girl said to me. "Good to see you again doctor." She said to Ashley.

"You both were awesome. Great job! I'm sure your parents are proud of you." At the mention of parents, the girl saddened.

"They can't make it. They are both out of town for work." Oh, I instantly pity the child. I vowed to myself not to become absentee parent no matter what.

"I got it on video. I could give you a copy so they can watch it." I tried to comfort her but it seemed to fail.

"I appreciate the offer but they won't have time to watch it anyway."

"Well... I'll still give you a copy. By the way... we are going to eat after this. Would you like to join us? That is if your guardian's okay with it."

"Thank you for the offer but I don't want to impose." This girl's super polite.

"Come on Erica, it's fine. The more the merrier." Mikey tried to assure her.

"Okay then."

"Great! So pizza's good for both of you?"

"Yeah!" They both beamed.

"Doctor and Mrs. Thompson!" Ashley and I turned around and Mikey's teacher approaching. "I'm glad you could make it." She then focused her attention to Ashley. "Thank you again for saving my life and if it weren't for you, I could have died."

"I'm just doing my job. It's good to see your okay." Ashley replied.

"Why did thank her but not my dad?" All of us turned around and saw Chloe, still in her 'Lisa' costume. "My dad saved us all. Why can't you people accept that my dad's a hero!" Oh noh! Here we go again.

"It's okay Chloe, just ignore them." It was her father. "Ungrateful people will go to hell with those dykes."

"You should watch what you say. It's not good example for kids." I responded.

"I'm just telling the truth! Dykes like you will burn in hell! It's a sin! And that bastard you are carrying should die with you!" He yelled.

I gritted my teeth as I tried to control my anger. "I pity you. You should learn to act more mature. Your setting bad examples in front of all these kids." I pointed at the growing crowd that was mixed parents and students.

"I don't need your pity. Dykes like you shouldn't even be in this school! Your might spread your disease and infect these innocent children."

"Sexuality is fluid. Being gay is not a disease, it's human nature. And as much as I like to argue with you, I could tell that it was just a waste of time so if you want us out of this school, then file a complain to the principal." I said as we walked away towards the parking lot.

Ashley went inside the driver's seat, I went inside the passenger seat while the kids sat at the back seat. "Are you okay ma?" Mikey asked with concern.

"Tell me Mikey, have you ever got in a fight or argument because you have two moms?"

"Yes he did. Usually with Mark and his gang." It was Erica that answered. "They were mean to him. And also the older kids, especially Chloe's two big brother."

Ashley and I both turned towards him. "Why didn't you tell us?" She asked. I could sense Mikey trying to hold his tears.

"Because what they say doesn't matter. Your both good people and that's the only thing that mattered to me." He was really too mature for his age. We're lucky to have him.

"Okay. But promise us that if they crossed the line, you'll tell us. Okay?" He nodded.

"Don't worry Mrs and Dr. Thompson, I'll tell you if he won't."

"Thank you Erica." I smiled at the sweet girl.

"Ready?" Ashley asked and we all nodded. "Let's go grab some pizza!"