Chapter 18

Van's POV

"Hun... Dan called, something unfortunate happened. Ashley needs you." I told my wife in the phone.

"Okay. I'll go to her."

"I'll help. I'll call you when I got something."

"Okay. Be safe."

"Always. I love you." I ended the call, got my coat and walked out of my office. "Ed." I got my assistant's attention. "Cancel all my meeting today until further notice. I got an emergency."

"Yes boss."

Then I pulled my other phone and made another call. "It's me. I need the crew. You know where." I might not control a whole syndicate anymore but I still have my personal crew.

Nick's POV

We arrived at the jewelry store and the manager was very helpful to us. They knew Dylan well and offered to help as much as they could.

They showed us the cctv of the whole store for the day but unfortunately, there's none in the hallway of the toilets. It only showed three persons that went towards the ladies room. Dylan, her guard Joan and an unknown female.

The manager told us that he had never seen the lady before. She was probably a first timer in this branch. She only looked, didn't buy anything. She was also the one who yelled for help and called the ambulance.

"Give me a copy of your surveillance for today." He complied without even asking for warrant.

"Anything to help detectives. They are our best customers."

"Do you have a laptop?" I asked Peter.

"Yes."

"Good. Make a copy. I'm sure Dan would want one but this stays between us."

"Okay."

"Come on. Drop me off the station."

Lexi's POV

"These are Detective Amie Jordan and Detective Zack Newton. They are from major case and will be helping in this investigation." The captain said.

"Detectives, this is Detective Lex Gibson. She and her partner Detective Nick Porter is helping in the case."

"What's homicide role in this case? And what's so important on this missing pregnant woman for the major case to be involved? Isn't this supposed to be Missing Person's case?" Detective Newton asked.

"Homicide's involvement doesn't have anything to do with dead bodies. It's a personal request from the family. Major case's is called because it's a high profile case and your team's most trained to handle this situation." The captain explained.

"Okay. But make sure not to get in our way." Newton said.

"Aren't you going to even asked what happened?" I yelled. These major case guys thought very highly on themselves.

"We have our own ways. Let us have the address and don't get in our way." Both of them then exited the room.

"Captain!" I exclaimed but he held a hand motioning me to stop.

"I only called them for professional courtesy. Get in touch with Nick and do what you needed to do." Then I received a text from my partner. "She's headed to the police plaza to process the surveillance."

"Go."

Nica's POV

Nick came bearing unfortunate news about Dylan's abduction and without asking any questions, I uploaded the video surveillance and tried to identify our mystery woman.