Chapter 20: Amorphous

Ash's PoV

Something lunged at me. These stupid souls don't even know I'm a demon.

These ghosts might be stronger than average human but for demons they're no match.

Just as it touched my skin it burst into flames.

Good, that'll give others a lesson.

Then they came from all around me. I could see them but I did surely feel their presence.

They attacked all together. Each one bursting into wild flames just as they contacted my skin.

"Stop" I heard a lound voice call.

So the boy has healed already.

The ghosts stopped to the command. Torches illuminated on the walls. I was standing in a small corridor with torches aligned on both walls. The boy stood in front of me, his green eyes were shining with fury.

The dagger was still in me hand. I wanted to cut his throat right away.

"you're armed while I'm not, that ain't fair" he said putting his hands up.

The dagger was still in my hand. Without thinking anything, I threw the dagger somewhere behind me.

I heard a scream from afar.

Oh no Ellie.

He lunged at me taking me by surprise. I staggered backwards but didn't fall. He was over me trying to plunge his teeth into my shoulder.

I pulled him off and he landed on the ground. That didn't stop him though. He straightened himself and got ready to attack again.

This time I let him hit me. I collided against the solid ground. I let him sink his teeth in my neck. That was all the distraction I needed to pick the dagger and stab it in his back.

I could feel his breath slowing down. He was half human and half vampire, the dagger killed supernaturals much faster than it killed humans.

Ellie's PoV

I was loosing consciousness now. I glanced around me. The place was dark except for a few candles that burned fiercely by the altar.

A screech was enough to indicate I wasn't alone. My heart that was already slamming hard against my chest raced even faster.

"Oh you bitch" I heard Lara say.

Terrified, I wanted to scream. How can she say that? She can't be possibly alive, I saw Ash ripping her apart.

My thoughts cleared when she appeared above me. She was hanging upside down from the ceiling. I tried to call Ash but it hurt each time I tried to force my voice out.

Her body was amorphous.

Ghost.

She smirked at my shocked expression and jumped at me.This time I did scream. She slid her nail across my face scratching it painfully.

Ok. If stabbing didn't kill me this surely would, I thought.

Suddenly, she was forced off my body, she collapsed hard on the ground. From where I could see, I knew she was trying her best to get up but was being forced down from some unseen force.

My eyes gave up. My body shut down.

Ashe's PoV

I saw the witch's ghost, down on the floor. She was trying to get up but some spirit forced her down. It was the same spirit that had haunted Ellie.

Then why was it helping her now?

I shouldn't have left Ellie alone, witches turned to ghosts right away as they died. How can I forget that? I rushed to the witch's ghost and set her alight.

Ellie.

Oh shit. I could only hope I wasn't too late. I pulled the dagger out of the boy's back. It was dripping blood. I ran over to Ellie's limp body.

A knot started to tighten in my chest. I opened Ellie's mouth slightly and let the blood from the dagger drop in.

Nothing happened.