22 | Flight is our Nature

ZOOMING down the highway, a motorcycle weaved through cars to get to her destination at max speed

It was Bruce's motorcycle, he had only used it a couple of times in his twenty-two years of fighting crime. Once GCPD caught sight of the way the bike looked they wouldn't chase after her, per Alfred's words.

Before she knew it, Jess was leaving Gotham's border and into Metropolis's. Once she arrived at S.T.A.R. Labs, she pulled off her helmet and raced towards the rotating doors to get to the Scout ship. She remembered to be sneaky as she did it, knowing that security was most likely to be on high alert.

Jess slipped past two guards and through the entrance of the ship. She released the breath she was holding, letting her shoulders slouch a little bit. The lights through the bridge began to brighten, sensing her presence. "Hello, Kalura." Kelor greeted, floating closer to Jess.

"Hi, Kelor." She nodded.

"Please follow me." Jess did as told, following the floating robot to the Genesis chamber. "Please place the key into the console."

Jess looked down at the necklace before taking it off. She lined the symbol up with her key before it was sucked out of her fingers. All she did was press it further into the slot. The ship was still for a second, making Jess think that her key was a dud. That was until a voice broke the air behind her.

"Hello, Kalura." She spun around, turning to see a tall dark brown-haired woman with the same color skin as her. "I thought I'd never get the chance to see you blossom into such a beautiful woman, yet I stand corrected." She smiled. Her voice was soft as silk, filled with a sonorous emotion that Jess could only describe as a mother's love.

Jess felt herself smile in shock. "You must be my mother."

"You are correct. I am Lara Lor-Van El of Krypton, your mother." Lara beamed, as much as a hologram could. Lara wore a black and gold dress made with a corset that held the El's symbol at the top of her chest. Her hair was put up in an elegant twist and held white crystal earrings that reached the shell of her ears.

"But wait, Jor-El said he had only made one program for the both of us, seeing as though he never got the chance to make one for you as well." Jess replied.

"When a mother is determined to meet her children, she finds a way. I'm just... vexed that your father saw you first instead of me, but one could only do so much." She sighed.

Jess couldn't believe she was meeting her biological mother. She just wished she wasn't on a time crunch. "You know, you're a lot like Clark."

Lara tilted her head in confusion. "Clark?"

"Oh... I'm sorry, I meant Kal-El."

"I suppose Clark is Kal-El's earth name." Lara asked. Jess nodded with a small smile. "What is yours, Kalura?"