10 | Savin' Me

BARRY looked behind him with furrowed brows

"How did you get in here?" He asked. "More importantly, how did you relock the door with you inside?"

Bruce pulled out a photograph from his pocket. "Tell me about this."

"You said that like it explains why there's a total stranger in my place sitting in the dark, in my second favorite chair." Barry deflected with furrowed brows. He was VERY confused about this whole situation. Barry Allen was confused about many things, but this one seemed to take the cake.

Bruce got up from the chair, walking closer to Barry. "Tell me about this." He repeated once more.

Barry narrowed his eyes at Bruce before snatching the photograph from his hands. He examined it closely before realizing that was him in the picture. With a loud breath, Barry spoke in one swift movement. "This is a person who looks exactly like me, but who is definitely not me." He looked at it more closely. "Somebody... I don't know. Hippie, long hair. Very attractive Jewish boy who drinks milk, I don't drink milk."

He looked at Bruce, watching him look around as if he were in a museum. "No, it's okay, you can look around." Barry stated sarcastically.

"I know you have abilities." Bruce spoke bluntly. "I just don't know what they are."

Barry tossed the paper behind him. "My special skills include viola, web design, fluent in sign language!" He rolled his eyes at himself. "Gorilla sign language."

Bruce finally came across Barry's suit. "Silica-based sand quartz fabric. Abrasion-resistant, heat resistant."

"Uh, yeah." Barry needed a lie. "I do competitive ice dancing."

"It's what they use on the space shuttle to prevent it from burning up on re-entry." Bruce explained with furrowed brows. He was starting to get an idea that this kid may be able to run so fast, he catches on fire, or creates fire.

Barry scratched his nose. "I do very competitive ice dancing." Bruce reached into his coat pocket, but Barry didn't seem to notice. "Look, man. I don't know who you are, but whoever you're looking for, it's not me."

Bruce spun around, throwing a Batarang right at Barry. Barry widened his eyes before moving out of the way with his speed while electricity crackled around him once more. He watched the weapon spin in the air in slow motion, making out its familiar Bat shape.

Barry turned to look at Bruce with wide eyes. He couldn't believe that the man with, most likely, expensive clothes, was the Batman. He turned back to the Batarang, catching it with ease.

Bruce exhaled sharply at Barry holding the weapon. The boy seemed to be more in shock than Bruce was. "You're the Batman?"

"So, you're fast."

Barry sucked on his teeth in thought. "That feels like an oversimplification."

Bruce began to tread closer to Barry. "I'm putting together a team. People with special abilities. You see, I believe enemies are coming."