16 | Emergency

WHEN everyone left the tent, Diana stayed behind to help Jess out

"I told you I was fine." Jess sighed, avoiding picking anything up with her right arm.

Diana held Jessica's jacket in her arms. "Let me help you." Jess held her hand up, sitting down in the chair in the tent as Diana stood behind her. She felt around gently to try and feel what was wrong. "Isn't this a little out of place?" She asked.

"So, it is." Jess smiled sheepishly. "My friend John seemed to share Bruce's view on fighting Steppenwolf..."

"John?" She asked.

"John Constantine, he's an old friend of mine." She scratched her chin. "Tends to save my life whenever destiny calls for it."

Diana sighed. "He could've killed you."

"I was willing to make the trade."

She shook her head, getting ready to pop it back in place. "Jessica, you really do have to be more careful." She pulled her arm back, a crack signifying that her shoulder was back in its socket. "There."

She let go of Jess's arm. "Thank you." Jess thanked.

"You know you can't do this forever."

Jessica shook her head with a sigh. "I can barely do it now." She ran her hand through her hair. "This is the job. It's my job and I haven't been doing it."

"Don't put all the pressure on yourself." Diana reprimanded. "You aren't able to do what you used to."

"All I've been doing is reacting." Jess huffed. "Not leading." She stood up, reaching to grab her jacket from Diana. "John told me my powers weren't what made me Superwoman. I realized that it was the way I was able to make people see their better selves." She looked up at Diana with a soft smile.

"I could've told you that one." Diana smiled back, fidgeting with Jessica's jacket. Jess slipped her jacket out of her hands as she stared at Diana for a second. "What's on your mind, Princess?"

"Nothing." She mumbled.

Before they could lean in closer to kiss one another, Bruce stepped into the tent. They both jumped away from each other, Jess's heart racing at the sight of him. Bruce cleared his throat. "Doctor cleared you, I want Alfred to take a closer look at you back at the cave."

"Yeah, no problem." Jess did her best to walk out of the tent, moving past Bruce in embarrassment.

He looked at Diana for a second. "Meet at the warehouse tomorrow."

___________________________

IN the cave, Jess watched Bruce move around without so much as a peep.

Alfred noticed the obvious tension as he re-did her stitches that had popped open. "Ow." She grunted.

"My apologizes."