Chapter 14

• Dedicated to Amelia and Becky

Chapter 14

It had been a couple weeks and Louis and I had become just as close as we were before, if not even closer. We’d spend almost every night together, and we both admitted to each other that we are gay. At first It was a unsure maybe but after a while we just ended up talking about it while watching films, we’d just ask questions like ‘do you think he’s hot?’ and we would just laugh about the silliest things and we just felt so comfortable with each other.

I lay there in bed, staring the ceiling just thinking about Louis. I really wanted to make a move, but I was too scared of being rejected and losing our brilliant friendship. I couldn’t live with myself if I lost him now.

I shifted in bed, feeling the warm covers snuggle around my body. Thank god it’s Saturday, otherwise I would not be able to get out of bed. The past couple weeks at school, I’d been doing loads of exams and the stress was getting to me.

“Niall!” I heard my brother, Greg call from down stairs.

“Yeah?” I called back.

“There’s a letter here for you, I think it’s from the school!” he said. My results. Our school posted them home. I immediately jumped out of my warm bed and rushed down stairs.

“Nice boxers,” Greg laughed from the bottom of the stairs, as he passed me the letter; drawing my attention to the pair of superman boxers I was wearing. I rolled my eyes at him, taking the letter from his hand and sitting down on one of the steps.

My fingers twitched as I held it in my hands, my palms getting sweaty and my heart racing like mad. I took a couple deep breaths before opening the letter slowly.

(Louis’ POV)

I sat on the couch, my whole family sitting around me waiting for me to open the letter, my results. I palms sweating madly. I swallowed visibly, as I opened the letter. I read over the page and a smile grew on my face. I’d passed everything. There was a couple ‘C’s but I didn’t mind because that still counted as a pass. I let out a big sigh, and I could feel tears coming to my eyes.

After everything I’d done this year, it had all paid off, and now I could go out into the world with the results that I was happy with. It felt amazing to know that I’d done it all by myself, I’d achieved this standard by myself.

“So?” my family said impatiently, as if I wasn’t already clear on my face. I passed the letter to my mum, feeling speechless. The girls crowed around her trying the peak at the paper. My mum smiled widely, tears coming to her eyes.

“Oh Louis,” she said, her voice full of pride. She got up and gave me a big hug, putting the paper down on the coffee table, and I got up to meet her hug.

“How did he do? I don’t understand all these letters?” Fizzy said; I looked over to where she was looking at the paper confused.

“He did very well, fizz, extremely well,” she said turning to her smiling. Then looking back at me, a small amount of happy tears trickling down her face, she wiped them away quickly sniffing. “I’m s proud of you Boobear!” she said.

“Thanks mum,” I said, “but will you please not call me that in front of my friends? Harry’s started calling me it!” I laughed.

“Never!” she chuckled. I heard a knock at the door and mum excused herself so she could go and answer the door. I looked over at the girls and they were all smiling at me and I opened my arms as they rushed to give me a hug.

“Well done Lou,” Lottie said smiling. At me as she retreated from the crowded hug.

“Thanks,” I said.