Chapter 13

This chapter is dedicated to @Niallersluver as payback for dedicating one of her chapters to me :3

I've been writing this chapter for far to long, but I wanted to get it right, I really really hope you readers like it! 

Chapter 13

I noticed Niall sitting alone at the table as I sat down with the rest of the boys. He was picking at his food and just generally looking sad and upset. I looked over at Harry who had also noticed Niall’s behaviour. He just shrugged and motioned his head indicating for me to ask about the lack of presence of Demi.

“Where’s Demi, mate?” Liam asked the question before I had got the chance too.
“We broke up,” he said weakly, keeping his eyes on his salad box, as he fiddled with the lettuces. I felt a mixture of relief that she’d gone and sadness that he was clearly somewhat upset by it. Well, to be honest, who wouldn’t be upset by breaking up with their girlfriend?

“Oh, mate, are you okay?” everyone said reaching over to him in an attempt to comfort him. He mumbled a low ‘yeah’ and kept silent. Everyone exchanged sad glances and carefully watched Niall as he continued to pick at his food.

(Niall’s POV)

Everyone was being supportive of me while I sat there faking hurt. I couldn’t let on that I didn’t care that Demi and I had broken up, because people would ask questions and I wasn’t really willing to answer them. I’ve never been good at acting, but I think I was doing the basic thing that you would expect a person in my position to be doing.

There was a long silence that seemed to stretch on forever, and I could feel everyone’s eyes burning holes into me. I fought a blush back and covered my face with my hand as I leaned my elbow on the table.

When my blush had cooled, I considered whether I should eat my food or just bin it. I know what you’re thinking “Niall, wasting food? No way!” but being honest I actually wasn’t hungry, I’d had a massive breakfast and I wasn’t in the mood for the schools poor quality food.

I dropped my hand from my face so it lay on the table, as I put the fork down. I picked up the tray and walked over to the binning area. I let out a sigh as I walked back, keeping my gaze on the ground.

When I sat back down on the table the silence was still there and I couldn’t stop myself from looking up at the faces around me. Everyone was looking at me with sad eyes and sympathetic smiles.  I gave them a weak smile.

The rest of lunch was normal, and the group talked to each other normally, but i kept quiet as I didn’t feel like getting involved.

(Louis’ POV)

As I talked to Harry and Zayn and Liam, I constantly noticed the smiles and loving glances Zayn and Liam shared. Something was going on between them, and I was happy for them. After everything I’d heard had happened between Danielle and Liam, it was about time, he got someone he knew he could trust.

I’m not going to lie, I was surprised when I heard of what Danielle had done, we had been such close friends, and it seemed almost impossible to believe after all the times she spoke how much she loved him. I guess feelings change.

When the bell finally rang, I joined Niall on the walk to maths. I could feel the awkward silence forming between us.
“So, how are things with you and josh?” I asked.
“Me and josh?” he questioned.
“Your tutoring session,” I elaborated.
“Oh yeah,” he nodded smiling lightly, “it’s going okay”

There was a short silence.
“Are you okay? About the whole break up thing, I hate to see you sad, mate,” I said, “If you want to talk to anyone, just message me or anything, I’m here for you!”  He smiled at me, the smile bordered a grin and I felt my heart warm at the sight.