Interlude: Three To One

Art is by me, whoop! That's Shisui, MC, and Nara Toshiro!

Warnings: Suicide, panic attack, blood-- basically, just expect all the factors that comes with activating the Mangekyou Sharingan. Anyway, enjoy!

~*~*~

Your age: 5

You skipped your first year of the academy, because you knew you would never fit in with your classmates.

The Hyuuga don't associate themselves with an Uchiha, the Nara-Yamanaka-Akimichi were already their own cliques, there were no Inuzuka, the Aburame kept to themselves, the Uchiha sneered at you because you were part of the 'bastard branch' with Obito, and the remaining students-- civilians-- followed the latter's lead.

Early graduation was not unreachable for you; Kakashi trained you hard enough to ensure that.

However, unlike Kakashi, you wanted to make friends-- like how your brother is best friends with Rin-nee. You want a close-knit relationship like that too.

So, you tried your luck in your second year.

Nara Toshiro and Uchiha Shisui were six when you first met them, with the former being the first to approach you with a game of shogi.

Toshiro is exactly how his name described him to be-- 'intelligent one', while Shisui was anything but 'still' and 'water'-- always so hyper and always so fiery with burning determination. With your affable and competitive attitude paired with your skills on par with theirs, you all clicked.

And then there were three.

...

You and Shisui made it both your jobs to embarrass Toshiro whenever either of you could.

It started when Shisui challenged you and Toshiro to see how many dango you could all fit in your mouths.

Toshiro, being the most mature of the three of you, declined the challenge. You didn't.

You and Shisui reached a stalemate, with both your cheeks resembling a filled chipmunk's, struggling to keep your lips tightly sealed. The impasse ended when the boy heavily drooled on his chin, which had you laughing. With your cheeks being stuffed with the colorful desserts, you ended up spitting all your collected dango at Shisui, who then deliberately retaliated back the same way.

The customers around the dango stand turned their heads to your group with the mixture of amused and annoyed glances, which had Toshiro turning into an interesting shade of red.

"Bothersome", the Nara had called the both of you with an unimpressed look.

You and Shisui shamelessly grinned at him, because all three of you heard the fondness in his voice.