♡Shisui One-Shot + Bonus 1♡

- Ideal AU where everyone is alive (except Danzo cuz fuck that guy and i dont mean literally); I just want them all to be happy ffs

- AU where Shisui actually tries to make a move lmao

- ohmykami, happy birthday Shisui my fave Uchiha (Oct. 19) (i forgot to post it here in wattpad, hence my long absence but im not slacking sksks i was just busy simping)

- Summary: The reason why Shisui is so fast is because his legs are ripped from jumping to conclusions.

- Warnings: None, other than Shisui's dumbassery

- Word count: 7,704

~*~*~

"Take It Slow"

You really don't like escort missions-- a fact Shisui knows by heart, with how often you complain about it whenever you get saddled in one.

"Would you like to dance?"

"No."

"A-ah, maybe another time."

Shisui bit back a snicker at your frank rejection towards your ninth dance offer, as you only sat idly by your table, continuing to watch over the extravagant party, akin to a hidden spider looking around for potential threats. He may not be able to hear the conversation that just occurred from where he was, but he could still read your lips with his sharp vision within the bright room, and easily predicted what the small chat was about.

Even when your table was located at the furthest corner of the huge castle ballroom, you were still able to garner attention from some noble men like flies to honey, to which you remained consistently uninterested to.

Persistence can only be admirable if you're not at the receiving end of it, and with the Uchiha charm you've inherited, the young bachelors' persistence easily became stubbornness, and eventually, an annoyance (Obito would've had a field day kicking their pompous asses for flirting with his sister if he were here).

The curly-haired teen can see why you don't like escort missions, as it usually entails clients and company (both young and old) thinking they have a chance with you. The only reason why Shisui wasn't bombarded with dance invites from noble women, himself, is because it's considered a faux pas, as it is more preferable for a gentleman to invite them instead. So technically, he's saved by societal standards.

The Uchiha boy sighed, his legs starting to ache from standing and walking around for hours, as he was currently occupying the opposite corner of your side to subtly keep watch over the party. He may be the current look out, but his sight kept drifting back to your direction every after a few minutes, longing to just sit with you and enjoy the celebration (focus, Shisui).

Sadly, he has to watch over the party in different angles, until his shift is over (sticking to walls and ceilings is unfortunately not allowed even though it would make his job easier, because it's considered 'improper' and 'unsettling' for non-shinobi guests. Shisui would like to argue that it's better to be uncomfortable than dead).

This mission is unofficial in papers, but is still considered a mission nonetheless.

All newly-promoted jounins were invited for the celebration of the birth of the Fire Daimyo's grandson; a joint celebration of sorts. Your numbers were only a handful, really, as jounin promotions are harder to come by than chuunin; it was only you, him, Anko, and two other Konoha shinobi he's newly acquainted with, Hayate and Genma. All of you attended as Konohagakure's representatives and on the Yondaime's behalf. Technically, you were all off-duty, as you attended as guests, not as hired bodyguards. That role falls unto the daimyo's trusty samurais.