Discussion

"So, basically, we're all stuck like this until we get back home...?" Naruto inquired, after having him and Sakura tell their story on how they arrived, whilst you and Kakashi explain everything of your situation back to the duo afterwards, trusting them to retell it to Sasuke once he wakes.

Due to the uninvited parties within your and Kakashi's heads, you told your students beforehand to not address their village by name, but by the term 'home'. The less your borrowed bodies know about your country, the better-- for all Ashido and Kaminari are concerned, the techniques you all casually mention are just part of your story regarding how you belong in a place where multi-quirk users thrive; with chakra being just another term for 'energy' where you're from.

However, there are some particular parts you cannot censor, like how Team 7 changed appearance, and your unintentional body swap overall. The best reason you can come up with to them was that this was a training accident. Half-assed, you know, but they bought it anyway. There's nothing else that can explain this without having them think outside of their world-- literally, so it wasn't entirely difficult to convince them.

You're just lucky you ended up with the dullest crayon in the box, second only to Kaminari.

Then again, you can always just ask Sasuke to brainwash them via Sharingan, but you'd like that as last resolve as much as possible. Having him wipe up a lot of the teenagers' memories might lead to undesirable damage. Besides, you don't like to deal with Mina's incessant questioning that can easily be identified as interrogation, once she acknowledges you're literally from a different world.

So, keeping secrets it is.

"Unfortunately," You sighed, making sure that there's enough leftover ramen left for the unconscious member, who is left resting in one of the two bedrooms; with you and Kakashi occupying one, with the rest occupying the other. You're certain that Sasuke would regain consciousness sometime tomorrow.

"This sucks," The blond sniffed, before taking another slurp of his ramen.

"Well, it is one of our job descriptions to adapt," Kakashi quipped, before setting down his chopsticks, somehow finishing his bowl within seconds, without removing his mask (or so you think?).

"Still sucks."

"At least we have (Y/n)-sensei and Kakashi-sensei with us." Sakura optimistically stated.

"Still su--" Naruto froze when you gave him a look; your eyes no longer covered with the shades you only wear outside of your abode. "Haha, kidding, nee-chan!" He grinned good-naturedly.

Dinner at the small apartment has never been livelier than it currently is, as you and Kakashi don't really bother to distract yourselves through white noise. However, now that the original Team 7 members (minus Sasuke) are present, the room became a lot brighter than it usually was; you could tell that even Kakashi wordlessly agrees.

The kids really are your remedies, especially now that they look like how you saw them when they first became genin. It honestly makes you feel younger (no, you do not admit you're old and no, you will never admit this to anyone; over your dead body). While it may be true that they're technically still genin due to not retaking the chuunin exams (except Sakura), their skill sets say otherwise, however due to... circumstances, their capabilities were limited.

No summoning contracts, no Strength of the Hundred Seal, no Sage Mode, and no Rinnegan. They're all a clean slate.

"But... how do we even get home?" Naruto asked, before Sakura answered with reassurance.

Same As It Never Was (BNHA/Naruto x Reader)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें