Ideas

You weren't disappointed when Sasuke's attempt at using the Kamui to return back to your world failed; in fact, you were prepared for failure, as you saw it coming. No, not because of your lack of faith for Sasuke's proficiency in his dojutsu, but because of your intuition that with your team's luck, it can't be that easy. While the Kamui dimension is still pretty much usable to transport people and objects, the portal only opens up within this world's familiar locations (specifically, places Sasuke is familiar with, which is not really that much).

There must be a reason why Kakashi and Sasuke had Obito's Sharingan react that way-- to transport all of you in an unfamiliar world you have no prior connections to. It can't be just a coincidence, can it? First time is a coincidence; second time is a pattern; and so far, there is no third time to have confirmations. Not to mention there are multiple variables you have to consider, as you and Kakashi ended up in different bodies, whilst Sakura, Sasuke, and Naruto reverted back to their genin bodies.

Sasuke mentioned it was unintentional, as the eye acted out on its own the moment it was transplanted in his socket. While Kakashi didn't explicitly say what happened to the both of you was an accident, it was still wordlessly implied as he was just as clueless.

So, that left Kakashi and Sasuke to experiment with the Mangekyou Sharingan (with Sakura supervising) at the forest clearing you and your partner trained in, while you and Naruto went out to the urban city to shop for ink and brushes (the brush and ink you bought last time were not spared from the mini-explosion when you attempted fuuinjutsu with this body. Kakashi still shamelessly chuckles whenever that memory was brought up, the dick).

Although, since now you have to use fuuinjutsu and experiment with your seals with Mina watching, it would seem you'd task Sasuke to make her and Kaminari forget, after all. Your sealing art-- even hints of it--cannot be shared to any third party, as it is part of your secret arsenal. Shinobi tend to be stingy with their techniques.

"Nee-chan, this is so boring. Why can't we just already buy the brush and leave?" Groaned the blond twelve-year-old as you picked a brush and checked its bristles, with your other hand carrying a basket that contains your selected ink, scrolls and paper.

"There's a certain brush for a certain art, Naruto. Especially for something as delicate as fuuinjutsu," You explained patiently, before returning the writing utensil back to its display. "What we need is a medium fine brush that's soft, but firm enough to retain its shape even when coated in ink." Apparently, this world was so advanced that there are literally hundreds kinds of brushes you can't keep track of, unlike in Konoha, there is mostly the standard one-- for both writing and sealing.

"But why not bring someone else?"

"Because Kakashi and Sasuke are busy finding our way back home, and Sakura is their doctor in case Sasuke's eye bleeds from overuse," Walking towards the shop's next aisle, you side-eyed him from your shades, a playful smirk on your lips. "You make it sound like you don't want to spend time with me,"

"Wha-- That's not true!" You simply chuckled at his exclamation, before poking his bare forehead (all hitai-ates are to be left at home when in public) with your pointer and middle finger, having him yelp out an "Oi!".

"I know, but quiet down. There are still people in this store, even if there's only a few," You lightly scolded with an amused smile, before that smile turned into a rueful one. "Besides, this way, I can finally teach you what your mom taught me."

With eyes of understanding, Naruto briefly looked away and observed the brushes from the opposite aisle, before deciding to pick one up.

"Ne, is this right?" Picking up the brush the blond presented you with, you hummed in contemplation, checking the material. Huh, a medium fine brush that's soft, but firm enough to retain its shape even when coated in ink-- exactly how you described it.