One

Walking down the hallway, his head low as he heaved a heavy, sad sigh, his eyes filled with tears, "I'm so scared to die," he whispered to himself.

He had just got the report of the week for his heart's condition, and as you guessed; it wasn't the best.

He even had just got the approximate days that he would live. Just ten more days.

Sniffling, he bit his lip, never taking his eyes off the report as he walked.

Suddenly bumping into someone, he gasped as he fell down, whimpering at the sensation of his butt colliding onto the floor.

"Oh, fuck! I'm so-" startled by the male's cries, the stranger panicked, quickly getting up and trying to get him on his feet, "I'm so so sorry, mister!"

"I wanna live! Why am I the only one who's gonna die like this?" he started to hit at his chest, sobbing hysterically, making the man himself tear up.

"Uh," sighing, he carried him, reading his name tag and room number before searching for his room, "stop crying, mm? It's okay," he tried his best to comfort him till they reached his room.

Shaking his head, "No, what's the use? I'm gonna die soon anyway."

Chuckling, he looked at him before entering his room and placing him on the bed, "I'll get you something to eat, mm? Stay here, don't get up and run around."

"They don't have anything nice in the cafeteria. Don't even bother," he scoffed, wiping his tears.

Sighing, he looked at him before sitting at the edge of his bed, "Why are you here at the hospital? I-If you don't mind me asking," he wanted to comfort him a bit before leaving for his mom.

"You won't even underst—"

Smiling warmly at him, "I can try to."

haevcbes

I don't know where exactly is this book going but hopefully it would be something—