Chapter 12- Fucking Shit Up

I rested my finger against Jonathan's lips as he began to lean forward to capture mine again.

"It's my boss," I informed him with a gigantic smile on my face.

I felt the butterflies in my stomach as I looked into his eyes and realized that this gorgeous man sat before me actually had an interest in me. Of all the beautiful women in the world that he could have, what was so interesting about me?

Letting those hated feelings of my self-confidence being wounded seep away, I pressed the accept button on my phone and put it to my ear.

"Hello? Liv Williams?" My boss's questioning voice rang through my ear. "This is Dale Parker. I unfortunately received several complaints informing me that you have been dressed inappropriately at work."

What? Dressed inappropriately? Not one day have I shown up to work not in my uniform! What the hell was he talking about?!

"Ms. Williams, wearing a bright pink brassiere under a white dress shirt is not only inappropriate, but completely unacceptable."

Holy fucking shit.

"Therefore, I regret to inform you that we're unfortunately going to have to let you go. Have a good evening Ms. Williams."

I stared at a lone spot in the glistening pool water moments after he hung up. Fired? I did nothing to get fired! Oh my god, how am I supposed to pay off my apartment damages now?

"What happened?" Jonathan queried, making me stare up into his face distraughtly.

"I just got fired," I replied, tears welling up in my eyes.

"F-fired? What do you mean you got fired?" He looked at me wide-eyed as if he didn't know what the word meant. He probably didn't considering he owned his own business.

"I mean fired as in fired. Fired. Terminated. Let go. Dismissed. Sacked. Released." I replied, dumbing it down, "All these words simply mean that Liv no have no job no more."

"I'm not a fool–I know what fired means Liv."

"Then why bother ask?"

Jonathan opened his mouth to reply, but was cut off by the sound of my phone ringing on my lap. We both looked down at it at the same as Millie's name and picture popped up on my screen.

I reached to press the reject button when Jonathan grabbed my wrist. "Accept it and put it on speaker." I looked at him curiously but did as he said.

"Hello?"

"Olivia darling, how are you this lovely evening?" Millie asked, sounding extra cheerful.

"First of all, my name is Liv, not Olivia," I stated, "And second, my evening is as you said, lovely."

"Liv, Olivia, same thing. You know, I actually called to ask you to come in tonight, but oh wait, you can't because you got fired."

"Guess news travels from your uncle fast, Ms. Parker." I bit my tongue, trying my hardest not to snap on her.

"Don't wear a pink bra to work next time, Ms. Williams," She laughed.

All of a sudden, the pieces connected in my head.

Millie's uncle owns the restaurant I worked at.

Millie and I's friendship fell out.

And now I'm fired?

"You bitch!" I yelled into the phone.

I heard her laugh menacingly through the line. "That's no way to talk to somebody that is so close to the owner of your previous place of work. If you ever need a recommendation, do you think you're going to get it like this?"