Chapter 13- Mr. Stiller?

"Ugh!" I yelled as I threw open the front door.

I had gotten fired almost two weeks ago and absolutely no one would hire me because I didn't have any experience in my field. Aside from that, there were fast food restaurants and gas stations, but why the hell would I want to work there as if I don't have a degree? 

"This is absolutely ridiculous!" I angrily stomped up the stairs and threw my bag down in my room. I grumbled as I walked into the bathroom and washed my hands.

I had just come from a job interview and it was going fine and dandy until he asked me about my previous place of employment. Maybe I shouldn't have straight out said I was fired but I did.

Oops?

I groaned and went in search of Jonathan since I saw his car in the driveway. I walked into the kitchen and saw Isabella sitting at the table on her phone.

"Do you know where Johnny boy is?" I crossed my arms and leaned against the wall.

"He's in his office." She replied without even looking up from her phone.

I'd been here for almost two months, and it was very obvious that I was not on Isabella's list of favorite people. It wasn't like I made her do anything to hate me ─ I washed my own clothes, made my own food, and cleaned my own room despite Jonathan's protests.

Speaking of him, ever since we kissed 2 weeks ago, things haven't been as awkward as I thought they'd be.

Yeah, we've made out way too many times, but we always stay in our respective rooms at night and barely see each other in the day.

"Johnny boy!" I yelled as I walked down the hallway to his office. "Open up!"

I barged through the door of his office and saw him leaning back in his chair rubbing his temples.

"You would never believe what the fuck just happened to me!" I sighed as I plopped down in a chair in front of his desk. "Everything was going fine until they asked about my previous place of work! Then when I told his ass, he gave that stupid apologetic look! This is why I don't talk to people─they're all assholes!"

A chuckle was heard from behind me, and I jumped out of my chair with my hand over my mouth as I stared at the gentleman that was leaning against the back wall.

"That's a very colorful description you just gave there." He smiled at me. He looked about 60 or so and he was wearing a gray suit.

"Oh my gosh I'm so sorry," I apologized, hands hovering over my mouth. People always told me my mouth was going to get me in trouble one day but I never believed it until now.

"That's quite alright darling," He laughed, and I detected a faint accent in his old, raspy voice.

"I'm so embarrassed." I looked away from the poor man's face and turned around to see Jonathan trying not to laugh. I shot him a glare to which he just laughed harder.

"I'm Jason, Jason Stiller," He said as he approached me, arm outstretched.

My eyes popped out of my head. I shakily grabbed his hand and gave it a weak shake. "S-Stiller?"

"Yes ma'am, Stiller. Also known as the father of old Johnny boy, as I heard you say earlier."

I laughed nervously and scratched the back of my head. "Y'all heard that?"

Jonathan laughed from behind me, "Oh yes, we did."

I turned around and gave him my 'I swear I'll murder you' look.

"I'm sorry darling, I didn't catch your name."

I swallowed nervously, "Um, my name is Liv Williams."