Chapter 26- Lexie

I sat down on the couch and crossed my arms over my chest. I glared at the black screen of the television mounted high up on the wall.

After our little argument last night, the stupid white boy probably thought it would be funny to hide the remotes to every tv in the entire house. Trust me, I tore his bedroom up and all I found were overpriced suits and enough dust to send a person with allergies into a non-stop sneezing fit. And just my luck, the buttons that controlled the damn thing were on the back which meant that if I wanted to use them, I'd have to take it off the wall. Knowing me, I'd drop it and smash it into a million pieces.

Wouldn't want dear ol' Johnny boy have to pay for something else, now would I? As he said last night, he spent enough money on my 'piece of shit'.

Well, he can go fuck himself. Jonathan seems to not realize that not everybody lives in a mansion that costs more than more people make in their entire lifetime. He seems not to realize not everybody owns a successful business worth millions. He seems not to realize not everybody's rich.

I should've known not to get involved with somebody like him from that day he offered to drop me off at my apartment. The look of disgust that crossed his features the moment he glanced at the building should've told me everything I needed to know. As usual, I saw the signs of danger but still dove head first into the situation.

Distantly, I heard the door that led to the house from the garage open and slam shut. Hurriedly, I jumped off the couch and began scurrying to the stairs.

"Liv, you know I can hear the pounding of your gigantic feet from here right?"

Isabella was visiting her family in Puerto Rico for some reunion, leaving Jonathan and I in the house completely alone. Not only was I bored here in the day without her, I was going to be bored in the afternoon now too that I'm not talking to the white boy.

"Liv," He called. I didn't answer. "Liv."

I was about to walk into my room when his obnoxious, Australian accent rang through the whole house.

"Olivia!"

I stopped in my tracks. Did he really just...? Is he trying to die or...?

"Boy, who the fuck you think you calling Olivia?" I snapped, making my way back down the stairs. He stood at the bottom with the coyest look on his handsome face. "My name is Liv. Say it with me, Liv. L-i-v. Remember it, because the next time you call me Olivia, or some other name that begins with L that isn't my own, I'm putting you in your fucking grave without Jonathan Jr. between your legs. Got it?"

"So, still haven't gotten over last night?" He replied, cocky facial expression dropping slightly.

"Of course I haven't gotten over it! What made you think I would?"

He shoved his hands deep in his pockets. "I mean, you never get mad so I'd expected you would have cooled off by now."

"You know nothing about me!" I yelled, turning around and beginning to make my way back up the stairs.

He laughed. "I know nothing about you, huh?"

I crossed my arms over my chest. "That's what I just said."

"I know you wear socks and hoodies when you're sick."

I shrugged. "Everybody knows that and you've already pointed it out."

"I know you don't drink milk unless you're eating cereal. And when you eat cereal, you make sure it's sweet enough to give you diabetes."

I shifted my weight from one foot to the other, knowing that he was right. "That still doesn't prove anything."