Chapter 21- Brunch

6/12/21

Hello everyone!

I hope you are all doing okay. We have come here to say that the author once again apologizes to anyone she may have offended. The chapter that has caused such an uproar has been edited, and all of the material that has been seen as offensive to any community that the author herself is not a part of has been removed. If it was not clear already the author is a black Caribbean-American woman living in America (specifically the south, where the book is set). She wrote this when she was 13, and I know most of you are saying that that is no excuse, but you must understand that times were different. We would really appreciate it if the accusations of her being racist and also the death threats would stop because there is no reason for that, as she is not a "closeted racist." If you have any questions, please remain respectful and we will try to get to as many people as we can. Also, if anyone finds any other offensive content, in this book or any other, please do not hesitate to let us know. Thank you.

Sincerely,

The PR Team of thatkiddari

All content deemed as offensive by recent readers and commenters has been removed.

Jonathan reached his arm out the window and typed a code in the keypad which made the large, black gates open slowly. He sped up the long, brick driveway until a house came into view.

House? No. Mansion? Yes.

"Holy fucking shit," I mumbled as we stopped in front of the steps which led to two large beige doors.

If I thought Jonathan's house was big I was surely mistaken. His dad's house looked like it could house 6 football teams!

I was staring up at the house dumbfoundedly when Jonathan came around to open up my door. He helped me out but I was still in a slight daze.

Who the hell buys a house this big?

"Liv!" The familiar voice called from above me. "It's so nice to see you again!"

I smiled brightly as I began to take the steps. "Good afternoon, Mr. Stiller. Thank you so much for inviting me."

He nodded with a smile and turned towards Jonathan. "Son."

"Father," Jonathan replied with a straight face.

I looked between the two of them and noticed the obvious tension. Jonathan's grip tightened on my waist slightly as he looked over at something past his dad.

"Jonathan!" A high-pitched voice exclaimed, "It's so nice to see you!"

"I could say the same to you, but I was always taught not to tell a lie."

His dad gave him a pointed look to which he rolled his eyes. Behind Mr. Stiller emerged a young, Hispanic-looking woman in a tight, blue dress with black hair and fifty shades of eyeshadow on.

Was this Jonathan's sister or something?

Her bright smile fell. "Oh, I see you brought company."

Taken aback by her tone, I looked at her with a fake smile. "Hi, I'm Liv. And you are?"

"Brittany Stiller," She replied flatly, "Jason's wife."

My eyes pulped out of my head. These two were married? She looked like his daughter, not his wife!

"Shall we go inside?" Jason said, sensing the discomfort in the air.

I nodded as he turned around and began walking in with his wife hot on his heels.

"They're married?" I whispered, even though they couldn't hear me.

"Disgusting, isn't it?" He replied with a roll of his eyes.

Minutes later, we were sitting outside in silence at a table by the pool waiting for the food to be served. Jonathan and I sat side-by-side with Brittany sat across from me and his father sat across from him.

"I love your dress Brittany," I smiled, trying to break the irritable silence.

[[edited & removed for offensive content]]

She cursed in Spanish under her breath before jumping out the chair and storming off into the house. Jason followed behind her quickly like a lackey.

I let out a deep breath and tried to get all my anger out. Who the fuck did she think she was? She so fucking lucky I'm feeling classy today or I would've picked up an assault charge.

I kissed my teeth and looked over at Jonathan who was eyeing me. "Do you have a problem or something?

[[edited & removed for offensive content]]

Unknown POV

I knocked on the large door three times and waited for an answer. I began to grow impatient when I'd been standing there for a couple moments.

I knew somebody was home. I'd been watching the house all day and I knew she and him left sometime ago, which meant the housekeeper was here alone.

I reached my hand up to knock again when the door was opened and I met the face of the short, Latin woman.

"How may I help you?" She asked in a highly accented voice.

I smiled, "Hello, I got lost and I was wondering if you could help me."

She looked at me suspiciously. "How did you get past the gate?"

"The gardener let me in as he was leaving," I lied.

She eyed me for a couple more seconds before stepping out the way and allowing me in.

Step one, complete

She began to say something when the sound of a phone ringing cut her off. She apologized before running off in search of it.

This was going to be easier than I thought.

I made a beeline for the stairs and climbed them two at a time. When I reached the top, I quickly began opening doors, looking for hers. When I looked into a room, I immediately knew it was hers. I could smell her.

Step two, complete

I entered the room further and spotted exactly what I was looking for. I grabbed it by its handle and shoved it down my shirt as soon as I heard footsteps approaching.

Step 3, complete

"What are you doing in here?" She yelled from the doorway.

"I was just looking for the bathroom," I lied.

"There was a bathroom right where I left you downstairs." She spoke through clenched teeth.

"Oops?" I replied nonchalantly with a shrug.

"I think it is time for you to leave." She crossed her arms over her chest.

"I'd love to." I walked past her with a smirk and made my way out the house, slamming the door behind me.

At least I got what I needed.