Chapter 27- Forbidden Love

Jonathan's POV

I pulled into the empty lot of the burned down restaurant in the heart of town and put my car into park. Today was the day this mysterious robotic person chose for me to meet them, and I was here for one reason -Liv.

Truthfully, I was expecting Brittany's bright red Mercedes to speed in at any second. This whole thing had her name written all over it in big letters. She seemed like the only person that would take time out of their day to sit down and actually call Liv to threaten her. It's obvious she didn't care for her, but all this to try to chase her away?

I looked at the clock and saw it was was half past noon. I knew that the person told me to meet them here at noon, but I came up with the genius idea to leave the person here sweating and worrying that I wasn't going to show up. Well, it might've backfired because nobody was here.

Sighing, I turned off the engine and leaned back in my chair. I knew I didn't have to worry about Liv getting hurt by Brittany or whoever this person was. When she wasn't by me, she was with her new spitfire best friend Mia. I didn't really mind though because Mia had been working for me for years and I'd never had a problem with her. Yeah, she had enough attitude to supply a whole continent, but she was a faithful, hard worker.

As I stared into the open, empty parking lot, my blinking began slowing down. Soon after, my eyes shut completely and I let sleep take over.

My lip gloss is cool, my lip gloss is poppin', I'm standing at my locker, and all the boys keep stopping.

I jumped awake at the sound of my phone ringing. I grabbed it and held it up to my ear.

"Hello?" I said groggily.

"Jonathan!" Brittany's annoying voice filled my ear. "I need to talk to you."

I sighed and rubbed my eyes. "I'm listening."

"This new girlfriend of yours is no good Jonathan."

"You're just saying that because she didn't lay down and take your shit," I snorted in laughter. Glancing at the clock, I saw it was 2:45. This person was almost 3 hours late!

"That just proves my point! She had no right in this world to call me out!" She argued.

"Hey, not only were you being stereotypical, you were being racist and it was about time somebody stood up to you."

She scoffed, "Look at this! She's got your head wrapped around her finger!"

"She's got my heart too," I added before I could stop myself.

Brittany gasped, "Are you saying that you...that you love her?"

"I am."

"Jonathan," She began in a soft tone, "This is no good. This can't happen. I forbid this. Your father forbids this. Jonathan, you can't just do this. You're holding onto forbidden love."

"Well, isn't it wonderful that I don't give a shit what you guys allow or forbid, as you say," I countered. "I love that girl and she loves me. Nothing you guys say will ruin what we have."

"Jonathan-"

"Brittany, if it's your share in the company you're worried about, you needn't worry. You will still be receiving your checks whether or not Liv is standing at my side."

She gasped again as if I offended her, "I beg your pardon? You think I'm just after your money? Well, you're sadly mistaken because for your inform-"

"I'm going to need to call you back," I interrupted as a black car pulled into the lot. Its windows were tinted as dark as possible so I couldn't see the driver.

I hung up the phone and just as I was about to step out the car, one of its windows rolled down slightly. From between the space, a large orange envelope flew out and landed on the dry pavement. Seconds after, the car sped off, but not without me getting a good look at the license plate.

I got out the car and whipped out my phone. I found the number I needed and pressed call as I walked over to the envelope.

"Hello?" The voice of my private investigator met my ear.

"Charlie, I need you to run a plate for me," I began as I inspected the envelope lying on the floor. "Hannah Nancy Barbara-876."

"You've got it, boss." And he hung up.

I bent down and grabbed it off the floor. In the sloppiest handwriting I had ever seen, two words were scribbled on the front followed by a smiley face.

You're welcome.

──

ok, i know this was super short and boring, but i promise the next chapter will be much better ;)