Chapter 4

Raven's POV

It was so, so dark. And cold. I felt nothing.

Was I dead? Am I in Hell? Is Trigon near? Is he going to try to do something to me?

I couldn't believe it, I-I'm dead. I'm really dead.

Damn it, and Beast Boy and I were in a very good place in our relationship. I'm gonna haunt Henry until he dies himself.

"... hurry and come back Raven. I love you." I heard a faint whisper of someone familiar.

Beast Boy...

I need to get time him. I need him. I love him.

"Please! Let me go to Beast Boy! Please!" I cried desperately. I not only needed Beast Boy. I needed all of them. Starfire, for her kindness, Robin, for his guidance, and Cyborg for his good nature. "Please..."

Then there was a huge white light. The kind some people who have died and then came back had claimed to have seen.

Is it Heaven? Impossible. I'm a demon.

But still I reached for it. And felt a hand squeeze my own. I weakly squeezed back.

****************

Beast Boy's POV

Raven just squeezed my hand very weakly.

"Cyborg? Cyborg! Come're, quick!" I shouted.

Cy burst through the door and looked at me, "What, grass stain?"

"Raven just squeezed my hand. She's responding."

Just then, a groan escaped Raven's lips. We both looked at her. Her eyes were shut tight, as if in pain, and her grip on my hand tightened.

"Raven? Raven, can you hear me?" I asked getting closer to her.

Cy came up to her and flashed a light in her eyes, she shut them tighter together. "Well, she's definitely responding. She's gonna make it, BB."

I smiled widely, "Hear that, Rach? You're gonna make it."

"Rach?" Cyborg scratched his head, confused.

"Oh, um, yeah. Don't tell anyone, and don't call her that. Only I can. Plus, she'll kill me if I ever told anyone."

"You got that right, but I would never hurt you, Gar." A voice I loved to hear mumbled.

Cy and I turned our heads to Raven, she was fluttering her eyes open, and when they finally managed to stay open, they locked onto my own.

I smiled wider, "Raven!" I pressed my lips to hers, completely forgetting about Cyborg, who just quietly left us alone. My hand tighten itself against hers and my other hand slammed down on the other side of Raven's head to support myself as I climbed on top of her. Legs on either side of Raven's, I pulled her up against me. She complied and let go of my hand to wrap her arms around my neck. We both deepened the kiss.

Then it turned from an I-miss-you kiss to an I-need-you-now kiss. I cupped her face in my hands, never wanting this to end. This was perfection. She was perfection.

We both stopped to catch our breaths. We locked eyes and she lovingly stroked my cheek with her hand, "You obviously miss me."

I chuckled, "I thought I lost you. Again..." I was remembering last year when she had left us all and gone into the future. I'm actually kind of glad that happened, if not, we probably would've never had gotten together. It was blessing wrapped into a tragedy.

She looked at me sadly, "Sorry, I won't do it again. And I'll tell you everything from now. Starting with my past." She patted to the spot next to her, telling me to get off kindly.

I grinned and shifted so I was sitting next to her. I looked at her expectantly, "Well?"

She exhaled deeply, "Well, my mother, wasn't always Arella. She was a human, named Angela. She and a group of friends started to worship demons. One day, they were worshipping Trigon, the reincarnation of evil, and he spoke to them. To Angela specifically, he made her-"

"Friend Raven! It is most joyous for you to return!" Starfire shouted with glee as she, Robin, and Cyborg burst into the room, interrupting Raven. I got annoyed and watched as Starfire gave Raven a hug. Robin hugged her as well. I can't exactly say I didn't get the slightest jealous. Raven and Robin shared a bond because Raven had been in his Robin's mind that time when Robin was Slade-crazy. It made it kind of hard to beat that. Robin knew whenever Raven was hurt or when she was troubled and vice versa. It kind of made me a little jealous. But who wouldn't be? Exactly, no one can answer that, because anybody would be.

As if to prove a point to Robin, I wrapped my arm around her waist and pulled her closer to me when he let her go. Raven leaned into it, I smiled at her.

I shouldn't worry. Raven loves me, not Robin. I thought.

That's right. If I didn't love you, I wouldn't be able to do this. Raven's voice popped into my head.

I jumped and looked at her, Y-You can read my mind?

In my mind, I heard her laugh, Not read. Hear and reply. Reading would be an invasion of privacy. And you said that out loud in your head, and I could hear you talk. But in my mind. It's strange to me too.

"This is amazing!" I exclaimed.

Everyone then looked at me weirdly, "What's amazing, Beastie?"

"Yes, Beast Boy, what is most amazing? Oo, is it the return of friend Raven from the dead?" Starfire asked.

"I was never dead. Was I?" Raven looked over to Cyborg.

He simply shrugged, "You weren't responding, but I think you were alive."

"Maybe." she sighed and leaned back.

"Wanna go to your room, Rae?" I asked her wanting to listen the rest of the story. Especially the part where Henry is involved.

She looked at me and nodded, "Yeah, I hate this place. Let's go."

I jumped off the medical bed and put her arm over my shoulder and helped her walk to her room. Even though she didn't need it. I just wanted to be close to her. Cyborg winked at me. I was confused, but then understood. I blushed. Does he really think I'm going to take advantage of Raven like that? In her state of weakness?

Wow, what a way to point that out. But doesn't matter, I'm still stronger than you. Raven said in my mind.

This caused me to blush harder, "Sorry, should've kept that in my thoughts."

"It's fine, it's Cyborg who's gonna pay for that."

I laughed, "Rae, why is this happening?"

"Because, like you said, I love you. This is a bonding thing. I think it's Azarathian. It's only formed when both people truly love each other..." she trailed off. Dropping down onto her bed.

"What? What's the matter?" I asked sitting next to her and taking her hands into mine.

"You really do love me, then. Don't you?"

I looked into her amethyst eyes, I cupped her face with my hands, "Yes, of course. I love you. I truly, deeply, unconditionally love you."

She stared at me blankly, "Who knew you knew big words."

I chuckled, then leaned forward to meet her lips with my own. Her lips, like always, were so soft and had the taste of herbal tea. Her mouth was sweet and warm, like always. Her kisses made me feel like I was flying when I wasn't.

After a while we both pulled away, breathless. She looked at me and then said, "So do you want me to pick up on where I left off at?"

I realized she meant by her life story, not the passionate kiss we had just shared. I nodded and she leaned against the wall and invited me beside her. I kicked off my shoes off and laid my head on her lap. She played with my hair like she usually did when we were in this position.

"Well, as I was saying before..."