Chapter 18: The Debt

*OCTAVIA'S POV*

I open my eyes and see the sun is already up on the sky. I look around me and spot the alarm clock on the night table. It shows it's 9:25. Wow, I didn't sleep that long for years. I walk out of the room and see Calum sitting on the couch and watching TV. "Hi. Where's Kelly?" I speak to him. "Hey. She has a job. You know" he answers. "Wait, and she left you here. With me. She left us here alone?" I say confusedly. "Yes. She trusts me. I guess. And I told her we're just friends, because we are and also that you are with someone else" he says and put that innocent smile on his face. "But I am NOT with someone else" I reply to him. "I know. I just didn't want her to freak out. Anyway, she left you some clothes in the bathroom, so you can finally take the shower" he's grinning at me now. I frown my eyebrows. "Yeah, then she said that the food is in the fridge and you can take whatever you want" he says and nods to confirm his words. "Okay, I'm going to take a shower now, so you don't have to smell that stink" I put on my winning smile and he's grinning at me again. I feel his eyes on me until I don't disappear behind the bathroom's door.

*LUKE'S POV*

I left just right after it happened. Having sex with Alexis was the worst thing I could do right now. Yeah, last night I was telling myself that me and her were never an official couple and that it wasn't like I'm cheating on her, but I feel like I did. I feel like I did cheat on her. She doesn't deserve this. The fact that she left is only my fault. I'm the only one to blame. I just wish I can hold her in my arms right now. I want to tell her how sorry I am, and that everything will be okay. But it won't. She's gone. She can be anywhere. I don't know what to do. When I'm not with her it's like I'm lost. I feel so lost and alone, even when I'm in crowded place. I don't have any idea why ignored her that time. I was so stupid. I'm so dumb. "What?" I angrily ask a little kid staring at me. Well, he's not the only one, since I'm not wearing sunglasses and it seems my eyes are black permanently. I know I'm losing myself. It's not me anymore. She's the only one who can bring me back, but since she's gone, I don't have a reason to fight with the beast inside of me. She's the only reason why I was fighting with it. I wanted to be myself. But now, I don't have to be anymore.

*OCTAVIA'S POV*

I'm walking down the path in the park where I was yesterday. I'm thinking about different stuff. I'm in the world of my own thoughts that I stay in the shock when I spot a familiar figure. I'm staring at the person sitting on the grass. He looks so, uhmm, I don't even know, but he definitely doesn't look like a boy I used to know. I know he doesn't have any idea I'm standing right here. I'm thinking for a second to go to talk to him, but then I throw this idea behind my head. I already made my decision and if I would talk to him, I know I would probably change my mind. But I don't want to. It's time to go back home. I know my father will probably kill me or he's going to tell me I'm grounded for the rest of my life, but I don't care. This relationship which I had with Luke showed me, that love really hurts, and honestly, I had enough of this pain. I have to move on. I take a deep breath and start to walk again.

*LUKE'S POV*

I know someone is staring at me. Not like everyone else in the park, but that person is literally burning holes into my body. I can feel it. But I'm not going to turn around. It lasts for few minutes and those few minutes feel like forever. When I stop having this feeling I look around, but I can't see anyone. Then I spot someone familiar. At least that's what I think. Or maybe it's just an illusion. No, it's not real. She's not real. I just saw her because I was thinking about her. Because I want to see her. She's not here. I look back to the direction where I think I saw her, but then I spot the same person again. I quickly stand up and start to follow the person. I would say it's her, but basically, it can be anyone. Her hair, her height, the way how she walks... Well, that's all I can say. Because I can see just her back.

*OCTAVIA'S POV*

I walk into the train station's hall. I stop for a few seconds just to look up at the board with arrivals and departures of trains, when I suddenly feel strong arms around my body and within a second my body is pressed against the hard cold wall. I look up to the person's eyes. When I look into the black eyes without any sign of the previous blue irises or sclera. It looks like black empty space. Human with no eyes. I'm totally terrified. I was never terrified like this in my whole life. Not even that time when he tried to kill me. "No no no no no. Don't be scared doll. You did this to me. And I'm pretty sure you're the only one who can get me out of this" he strains through his teeth so I'm the only one who can hear him. "Let me go" I say and try to escape from his tight grip. "No. You don't get it doll. I need you" he whispers in my ear and I was never disgusted in my life like this. "You need me, but I don't need you. Do you even know my name? Do you even realize my name's not doll?" I'm clearly losing my patience with this boy. He sighs. "Yeah, I do. It's Octavia. Now, back to the fact that I need you..." he says, but then I cut him off. "Great, at least you know my name. Now let me go. I want to go home and forget that I ever knew someone like you."

*LUKE'S POV*

Those last words hurt me like she would just stab a knife in my heart. "No, please don't say that. You know I..." I start, but she cuts me off again. "Oh, c'mon. Stop this. I don't want to listen to you anymore" she says. I bite my bottom lip on the place where it's pierced. "Fine, I didn't want to do this, but you made me. You owe me something. You remember that, right?" I make a small pause and wait for her to nod. When she does, I continue. "Well, then, I need you to stay and help me to get me out of this situation. I know you can do it. I trust you" I say and she's looking right into my eyes which are not really eyes. "Fine, but when you will be yourself again, I'm leaving if you like it or not" she strains through her teeth. I nod, because I know there's a lot of the time. This is not a one-day issue. I can fix the things. I know I can. We can start over again.