Chapter 5: The Secret's Out

*LUKE'S POV*

When I'm sure she's asleep I put my clothes back on and leave. It's still dark outside. I start to walk around the town. And then I feel it. The fear. The fear is waking up the beast inside of me. I'm looking for the source of it. Then I spot an old man. It's here. The beast is totally awake. I'm sure my eyes are black now. I can't control my body. I run to him and punch him in the face. "What are you doing? Please stop" the man shouts at me but I'm not listening. I wrap my hands around his neck so tight and after few seconds I tighten the grip. I look into the man's eyes and after about two minutes he's dead. I killed him. The beast inside of me leaves to hide somewhere deep inside of me and leave me here with the body of dead man. I look around and run away.

*OCTAVIA'S POV*

When I wake up, he's gone. No, I didn't expect him to make me breakfast in bed or cuddle me on public places. I know this was nonbinding sex. It didn't mean anything. I put on my underwear, shorts and a shirt and go to the kitchen. I turn on the TV and the news are on. Then I hear the name of our small town. I look on the screen and it shows reportage about an old man who was murdered near the park. In the middle of the night. He was throttled. It happened about an hour after I had sex with Luke. That park is like ten minutes away from my house. Luke said he doesn't sleep so maybe he just left after I fell asleep. What if he killed that man? What if it could be me? I mean, he wanted to kill me, but he didn't. But also, there's nothing what would show he wouldn't do it. Besides this, he is a demon. Now I'm pretty sure he killed that man.

*LUKE'S POV*

I sit on the couch. "Lucas, did you kill him?" I hear Ashton's voice. "Yeah. But I didn't want to. I couldn't control myself. It's just that thing inside of me" I mumble. "What if..." Ashton starts to say something but is cut off by Michael. "Human" he says. We all look at him. "Somebody is here. I think that person was there before. Maybe like, I think last night" he says. I don't know if it's true, but Michael said that every single person has a different scent of the blood. "I think it's a girl" he says. Hell no. "I'll take care of it" I say and when I stand up, I'm almost hit by a pair of black wings. "You killed an innocent man last night. Calum will go" Ashton says. "What? Why me?" Calum tries to protest. "Just go" Ashton orders. Calum stands up and walks out of the room with a sigh.

*OCTAVIA'S POV*

"Can I help you?" I hear a voice. I look around and see the boy leaning on the wall. It's the same boy I saw that night when we were first in here. I'm glad he's okay, but then I realize that he's probably one of Luke's friends. I don't feel cold so he's not a vampire. I can't see the wings so he's not the dark angel. The werewolf. Great. "I asked if I can help you with something" he says. "Yeah, sorry. Uhmm, I'm looking for Luke" I say. "Luke?" he asks and I nod. "He's not here. What do you want from him?" he asks. "Okay, thanks. Uhm, nothing, I just wanted to talk to him" I mumble. I turn around and want to leave. "One advice. Don't come back here. You could get hurt" he says. I nod and walk out of the house.

*LUKE'S POV*

"Okay, who the fuck is she?" Calum yells when he rushes into the room. "Who is who?" Ashton asks confusedly. "I was asking him" he says and points at me. "What are you talking about?" I ask him. "Oh, Luke, please. She asked for you. I told her you're not here. Seriously man. She knows your name and she know where to find you. Who is she?" he says. I roll my eyes. "She's just a girl, let it be" I tell him. "Just a girl. Really? I would say she knows more than she should. I think she knows what I am, what every single one of us is. C'mon Lucas. Did you tell her?" he yells. "Luke?" Ashton asks and raises his eyebrow. "Fine, she knows. Okay? I wanted to kill her but she begged and I let her live" I sigh. "That's all?" Ashton asks. "I don't think so. It was the same girl I wanted to suck her blood last night. But you pushed me away saying that you will take care of her" Michael says and I roll my eyes. "I did take care of her. I sent her away" I say and shrug. "Please don't tell me you already had sex with her" Calum states. "What? Are you jealous?" I ask him. He opens his mouth and wants to say something when Ashton starts to talk. "Enough. You're not going to meet her again. We're leaving tonight. It's dangerous being here. For them and also for us. Mainly thanks to Luke" he gives me a look. "Go if you want. I'm staying" I say. "No, you're not. We're going all or none of us" Ashton says.

*OCTAVIA'S POV*

"I heard you were looking for me" I hear the voice behind me. I twinkle because I was focused on the TV. "I guess your werewolf friend told you" I say. "Yeah, he did. You shouldn't go there. I told you it's dangerous. And you know what happened last night" he tells me. I nod. "So, what did you want?" he asks. "I just wanted to talk to you" I say quietly. "About what?" he asks me. "Did you kill him? That old man near the park?" I ask him. "Yeah, I did. I'm sorry" he says and stands up. He looks at me for few seconds and then turns around ready to leave.

*LUKE'S POV*

Yeah, it will be better for everyone when we will leave. I never thought I would say that, but I kind of like her. I want her to be safe and she's not safe when I'm around. "Where are you going?" she asks. "Keep you safe" I tell her. "What does it mean?" she asks again. I turn back to her. "It means I have to leave" I say and put a wisp of her hair behind her ear. "Why?" she asks. "I just told you doll. To keep you safe" I answer her. "I don't want you to leave. I want you to stay" she says. "I wish I could" I sigh. "You can" she says quietly. "No, it's just too dangerous" I say. "I'll go with you" she says. "No, you won't" I shake my head. "Then stay. Please" she begs. I hate when she begs. Then her face is just inches away from mine. "Please" she whispers. I look at her and she looks at me, then she presses her lips on mines. "Fine, I'll stay" I say when I break the kiss.