Chapter 1: The Haunted House

*OCTAVIA'S POV*

"Damn it Jordan" I whisper to my friend who just catches my arm. "I told you this is not a good idea" my best friend Lea says. "And I agreed with you" I say and nod to confirm what I just said but it's useless because no one had a chance to see it. "Okay, whose idea was it then?" Jordan asks. "Mine" my other friend Sam says. "Don't be such babies, it's just an old dark creaky building. It's not that scary" he says. Sam was always the bravest one from all of us. Me, Lea, Sam and Jordan are best friends since we were five years old. We did so many things together. And exploring an old creaky dark building is one of them.

By the way, my name is Octavia Benson. I'm 17 years old and I live with my parents in the small town in East Sussex in England. I am an only child, but my best friends, Lea, Sam and Jordan are like my siblings who I never had.

"Stop it Jordan" I say when I feel someone else's skin brushes against mine. Suddenly it feels so cold, like I shouldn't be happy anymore in my life. "I'm not doing anything" Jordan says clearly from a space in front of me. Then I feel a cold air on my neck. It feels like someone's breathing on me, but instead a hot breath it's cold. "Run" a voice whisper into my ear and I don't need to be told twice. "Let's go away from here" I say and start to run. I can hear my friends are running too.

"What the fuck happened?" Sam asks when we run out of the building and finally stop. "Please tell me you felt that cold too" Lea asks obviously scared. "Yeah, I did. And I also heard a voice" I tell her. "What voice? I didn't hear anything" Jordan says. "It whispered into my ear to run, so I did" I say. "I will never ever go in there again" Lea states.

*ASHTON'S POV*

"Please tell me they're gone" Michael begs. "They're still in front of the house, but they will leave soon" I tell him. "How long are we going to live like this?" he asks. "Forever, I guess" Luke says when he walks into the room. "I can't" Michael says quietly. "Well, you have to. That's your only problem" Luke tells him. "Why did you even get close to them?" I ask Michael. "It was the blood, it's just exactly like when you're thirsty. You need to drink something" he says. "Please tell me you didn't want to kill them" I say. "I was thinking about it, but I kept telling myself I can't. I tried to control myself" he says.

*LUKE'S POV*

"You should kill them. But instead of it you told them to run" I tell him. "Luke!" Ashton says. "What?" I ask. "He can't kill them. They would be looking for them and if they would find their bodies they would start to search for the cause of their death. We can't risk that someone will find us" he tells me. "Whatever. What they could do to us? Nothing" I tell him.

Oh, sorry. I almost forgot to introduce myself. I'm Luke Hemmings and I'm 18 years old. I'm not an ordinary boy as people could think. I'm a really bad person. I try to fight with this thing inside of me, but sometimes I just can't. I'm something like a demon. About a year ago something weird happened to me and my friends, Ashton, Michael and Calum. We survived a fall of comet. But the thing was, we woke up on a totally different place. An unknown place. And we knew something strange happened to us. So, I already told you I'm a demon. Michael is a vampire. He tries really hard to not to hurt people in this small town. He hunts for animals. Ashton is a dark angel. Yes, he has the wings. Black wings. He can fly, but he flies only at night when everyone sleeps and no one can see him. The night is the only time of the day when we can go outside. We are different. We look different. I mean, what would you think if you would see a guy with black wings on his back? Or a guy with skin white like a paper and golden eyes? Or a guy whose eyes just flash into the black whenever they want? When it comes to Calum, he's the only one who can go outside between the people. He looks normal, but he's not. He's a werewolf.

So, since this happened, we live in this old creaky dark house. People are not coming there, because it looks scary. The perfect place to hide for us. Sometimes a bunch of kids come in to explore the house, but the moment when they walk in they turn around and run away from here. Fine sometimes I help them to run. I try to scare them. But something is telling that these four human beings will come back. I should do something about it.

*OCTAVIA'S POV*

I want to know whose voice it was. Was it ghost or something else? "Avi. Hey, Avi, are you listening to me?" Jordan shakes with me. "I'm sorry, what?" I ask him. I don't have any idea what he said. "We're not going back into that house, okay?" he says and I nod. We walk through the night. Suddenly I spot a boy walking toward us. Black hair, dark eyes and darker skin. That's what I can see in the light of a street lamp. I wonder where is he going all alone in the middle of the night. He walks the direction we are coming from. He walks past and when I turn around, I can't see him. He just basically disappears. How can he just disappear? What if something happened to him? I just hope he's alright.