Chapter 26: Surety

Hey guysss I hope you are all doing well and fine! New chapter as always and it's a pretty chill chapter. You know, not a lot going on. It's just some Emen x Saf and some Sokka x Saf BUT YOU KNOW, not much action (OR IS THERE???) Guess you'll just have to read on and see. So I hope you enjoy and happy reading!

Presenting.......

|Surety|

Safiyah 

Ever since that one hang out with Emen with the cotton candy from two weeks ago, I've been meeting up with her almost everyday. In fact, I plan to meet her again this morning. 

I like her way too much than the average person should. She's so interesting and every time she shows up for our time together, she never looks bad. There's just no other way to put it. Every time that she starts to talk about something important or something she's hooked on, I never really pay attention to her words. I'm really just staring at her.

And this really isn't doing well for my confusion. Because I feel the same way about Sokka. And I'm really hoping some sign that'll direction me in the right way will drop on my head, because I have no idea how to deal with this situation. 

The thing that differentiates them from each other is that Sokka knows who I am. And Iately - and this might just be something I feel only - I feel like I could tell him anything. Because what's new? He seems understanding enough for me to do that. 

But with Emen, I'm only showing half of my identity. I want it to be that way; I like being able to just talk to her without doubting the perspective she has of me. I just like knowing a person who's ignorant of who I really am, no matter how accepting they are. 

But then I realize, this is sort of overthinking is stupid because both of them probably don't even like me in that way.

Still, I'm going to Emen right now, because she's like a magnet who's attracting me, the steel. Or maybe I'm just curious about what I'll figure out about myself if I keep meeting with her. 

I rush over to the living room, ready to leave the door, when I realize I should probably let Katara and Sokka know where I'm going. Aang is out searching for Appa on the down low and Toph is sleeping the morning hours away. 

I walk back to the hallway, and right when I start to walk along the room doors, I hear talking. Specifically, Sokka's and Katara's voices. 

"I'll tell her when I want to, okay? I'm just confused and guilty. You know, if you knew anything, you'd know survivor's guilt is a real thing," Sokka says with a defensive tone. He's clearly talking about Yue and I feel bad for him, so I continue listening.

"Okay, well, she's the perfect person to talk to about that. You know, you get the conversation going, and before you know it, you're over that hurdle, she knows, and everything is great and happy." There's a brief silence, probably because Sokka doesn't have a proper response and the conversation is done. Right when I decide to walk away, Katara adds, "And I don't think Yue is going to send down meteorites to pummel you for-"

"I can not believe you went there, Katara! That's really, really dark, geez!"  

I widen my eyes at the turn of the conversation, and I get a dumb idea. I walk back down the hallway, like I haven't been eavesdropping for the past few minutes and I holler, "Sokka, Katara, I'm going out!" 

Right when I yell out the words, Sokka and Katara rush out the room door, too unbalanced on their feet. "Oh, great, great," Katara says. 

"Yeah, just wanted to let you two know just so you don't think I got abducted by the Dai Li."