Chapter 13: Spilled Out

Hey, guyssss! New chapter today, that I WAS going to update yesterday, but I didn't. SOMEONE TAKE MY PHONE AWAY, IT'S DESTROYING ME. Anyways, this chapter has a HUGE cliffhanger. HEHE. There's a song up above if you wanna listen to it. That's all I have to say, so happy reading!

Presenting......

|Spilled Out|

Safiyah

I walk to the living room for breakfast. However, I don't find Isuya sitting at the table. I just find the tray of tea that was brought out last night. 

"Good morning. Nice to know you like waking up early," I hear Isuya say behind me. I don't turn around and Isuya passes next to me. "Just sit down, breakfast will be done in a few."

"Yeah, okay," I say feebly. I trudge across to the table and kneel down. "Isuya, how come this town is so against the Fire Nation?"

"They just are. I assume that's why my parents chose it. "

"Oh, okay."

"You know, you never told me your name," Isuya says. This sentence reminds me that she's kinder than I think. She took me in without knowing my full identity, just that I'm from the Fire Nation. By eyes

I hear sounds of crackling from the kitchen, presumably from something cooking in a pan. While I wait, I pour a cup of tea. The taste is better today; Isuya must've added sugar when she was still making the tea. 

"My name is Safiyah," I say. Isuya just says okay. 

She walks over with two plates and some cutlery. She sets them down as she kneels across from me. Both plates hold weirdly cooked eggs, some porridge which I assume has rice, and a fluffy bun on the side. 

Isuya notices my expression. "That's rice porridge, it's called jook, people go crazy for that stuff here. And those are eggs." She pauses and quirks an eyebrow mockingly. "Don't tell me you don't know what eggs are."

"No, no I do, but why are they cooked weird?" I ask. My voice sounds croaky. I grab a fork and prod at the egg's middle, the place where it's too yellow. I poke a little too hard, and the dark yellow, almost orange liquid starts spilling out onto my plate. "Is that yolk?"

"Yeah, those are eggs done over easy. Instead of mixing the egg, you just leave it there until the bottom is cooked but the yolk stays raw."

"Isn't that unhealthy?"

"No, because you cook off all the pathogen that can give you salmonella. It's good, just try it with some bread." 

I split open my bread and slip my egg inside, yolk spilling everywhere. I take a bite, but the taste is unsavory, so I grab salt and pepper from the kitchen. I sprinkle some inside my sandwich, and take another bite, feeling satisfied with the flavor. I return back to the table.  

"Happy now?" Isuya asks. She seems entertained by this whole egg experimentation. I nod but don't say anything since my mouth is full. 

When I swallow, I subconsciously look down at the table. But I notice the most familiar thing. 

Isuya has her fist holding up her head while she pours her cup of tea with her other hand. But what's got me really fixated is the fist holding her head. Since her arm is held upright, the sleeve of her robe slid down, exposing her wrist. 

And on it, there's the same, exact tattoo that Akio has. 

Everything's the same. The same exact font, the same multiplication sign, and the same Water Tribe insignia. The only thing different is that instead of the number 022, Isuya has the number 136