Chapter 2: Final Decision

Heyyyy, guys, new chapter, AGAIN. I'm trying my hardest to update every day, I'm just so stoked to share what I plan doing with my creative freedom. Small FYI: I have changed some small details. Saf is still fifteen, however, instead of saying she left the Fire Nation at thirteen, she left when she was twelve and a half. So she and Zuko left the Fire Nation right around the same time. Right after he got banished by a few months, Saf ran away with her fam. Which means she's been at the Southern Water Tribe for about 2 and half years.  Also, Zen is sixteen. Anyways, now that that's out the way, happy reading!

Presenting.....

|Final Decision|

Safiyah

I was sitting back on my bed, resting my arms on my knees. My hair falls around me in gentle rhythms, but I disrupt the pattern with my hands. My hair falls back around me anyways. 

I stand up and start pacing, but find myself focusing on random things in my foreign room. It's really plain, to be honest. The bland, knitted rug that rests near the bed with tassels. The black shoji screen that's nestled in the corner of the room. The visible cracks between the separate wooden boards. My aimless pinpointing distracts me; dazes me from reality, and it's insanely comforting. 

I have no belongings; everything was left at the tribe. My sword, my clothes, my bag. The only that stayed with me are my current clothes and my one, singular dagger. In fear of getting back to actuality, I try to waver my attention to something else, but ironically, Zen saves me by opening up my door. 

I look up and meet his eyes. "Do you have any more questions?" His tone is warm, but I can't help but find the question cold and frigid. Like he just wants to answer any bothersome queries so I can leave him alone. 

I try to organize my thoughts, almost like I'm sorting a list in my mind. "I have a ton."

"Well, then come outside with me."

~~~~~

We left the home and went outside, now resting near the cliff, overlooking the ocean. It was mid-afternoon, and the sun overpowers the sky with its harsh rays, making the water glisten in the horizon. I was still trying to comprehend all these details. I was on top of a cliff, had rested in some obscure home, and the reason I was here was because of an old friend I thought was gone forever. 

"So, what are your next questions?" Zen asks. His tone is extremely light, and it assures me. It casts the feeling of safety over me. 

"How did you heal my leg so quickly? I was sure it was broken or dislocated." 

"It was neither. You were just bruised up pretty badly."

"But-"

"I don't know, maybe you were just being a baby and you couldn't handle the minimal pain," Zen scoffs, while holding himself up on the ground with his elbows. Like there's not a care in the world and we're watching the ocean peacefully. My mouth hangs open in slight shock and he merely smirks at me. I can tell he's lying somehow, but he's covering it up with his teasing. 

"Show me the boat you used to get me here," I ask and Zen raises a questioning eyebrow. "Just out of curiosity."

Zen gets up and he gets closer to the edge of the cliff. I follow him and look down. I notice the shore, the soft rowing of the waves and their flow against the sand. Then I look up and my mouth gapes completely when I see the size of the "boat" Zen stole. 

"Zen, that's not a boat, that's a ship," I marvel. 

The ship that was anchored wasn't necessarily a war ship; it was much smaller than that. But it was a replication of Zuko's ship, so it was pretty huge.