Chapter 18: The Blind Bandit

Hey guys, hope you're all doing well, and I especially hope you enjoyed the last chapter! Safiyah is back with the Gaang, which means. . . . MORE GAANG CONTENT. And today we're meeting Toph! Anyways, hope you all enjoy and happy reading!

Presenting.......

|The Blind Bandit|

Safiyah

There are rushing people through the village. Everyone seems to always be doing something and I never noticed it until now. 

Katara, Aang, and Sokka are behind me, discussing whether Sokka should buy some bag. Sokka keeps backtracking on his answer, feeling like the bag is too pricey. 

"Safiyah, come over here," I hear Sokka say behind me. "What do you think of this bag?"

I turn my head, but don't walk over. The bag in question is pretty plain. "Seems overpriced to me." The shop owner shoots me an irritated glare. 

"But I like it!" Sokka whines. "I want to treat myself."

"Buy a chicken leg if you want to treat yourself." Sokka slouches down from my blunt answer. 

"Sokka, make up your mind," Katara says patiently, but still walks off with Aang. 

I walk over to Sokka whose face looks extremely torn. I don't say anything, I just watch the contemplation on his face while I impatiently look around, mind full. I have a heavy chest. 

I haven't brought up anything I don't want to talk about. I've been pretty vague about all I've went through on my journey. So far, if I said that I traveled through the Earth Kingdom with occasional stops, on my way to the South Pole, it would've been the same story. I've already come up with overwhelming theories about what those tattoos mean. As silly as it sounds, I'm also starting to miss Min. It felt wrong of me to just leave them there like I was passing around something material. Of course, I left them with Katsu, but still. A lot of things don't seem right. 

"That's it, I'm buying it!" Sokka exclaims next to me. He spills the coins in the annoyed shop owner's man, grinning widely. He swings the bag on his shoulder. 

"Thank God for quick decision making," I say. Aang and Katara come rushing to us, holding a yellow paper of some sort. 

"Look, we found an earth bending academy for me," Aang exclaims. "Let's go, let's go!"

~~~~~

We get to the part of the village where the academy respectably resides. People walk beside it, including some students who are just walking in. I assume a session is about to start. Aang waves goodbye to us and walks inside confidently. 

The hour that passes by is full of light conversation between Katara and Sokka. I awkwardly play with my sword that I got back from Sokka. He apparently kept it with him for safe-keeping, and when I asked him if he used it, he just denied my claim. I feel like there's some tension between us, something unspoken. It isn't something too noticeable, but I can still feel it. I can't even distinguish my feelings about him. Maybe I'm just overthinking every single detail because my subconscious feels like some worthy conclusion will come from it. 

Aang finally walks out along with other students, however he looks dejected. "He's not the one," he says. 

Two lagging boys walk out, talking very loudly about some earth bending tournament. The details don't strike interesting to me since I'm unfamiliar to the topic. Aang runs up to them, asking where the tournament is, and we follow to hear their answer. 

"It's on the island of Noneya," one of the boys says. 

"Noneya business!" the second boy adds. They both walk up, laughing.