Chapter 5: Safiyah Alone

Heyyyyy guys! New chapter - don't worry, it's not as emotionally wrecking as the last one - and this is officially the start of Safiyah's solo journey! Also, in this chapter, you'll get a Sokka P.O.V, which'll let you know about what she wrote in her journal back at the North Pole. Trust me, I haven't forgotten about that, it's like a key moment to be honest. ALSO, the song above was what I was listening to while writing this chapter, and it seems to fit the vibe of the chapter (?) If you wanna, listen to it. Anyways, I'm excited, hopefully you're excited, so enjoy and happy reading!

Presenting.......

|Safiyah Alone|

Safiyah 

Exactly a week has passed since I left Zen. Seven days. One hundred and sixty eight hours. I did the math. 

As promised, the ship was plentifully supplied. Several, several bags of money were stored safely. The food was enough to last two months at sea without any resupplying. There were even cookbooks in the kitchen! Maps for navigation were given. A room was vacant just for me. Closets were full of clean clothes along with a separate closet full with Fire Nation armor. For men and women. 

Zen really is more hospitable than I thought, and it didn't cease my guilt. 

I always act like this. At the moment, I don't feel anything at all. Remorse is nowhere to be seen, was never even a cloud to begin with in order for it to fade away. But later after the deed is done, an endless storm goes on in me with countless fogs clouding the way to my right train of thought. 

It's exactly how I'm feeling right now as I'm inspecting my map on the ship deck. The map is pretty simple to read; it was marked extraneously, showing it was used, but that came to my benefit. There were neat, streaks of black across it, helping with navigation tremendously. Some marked specific, famous landmarks, like the Fire Nation palace and Omashu. Zen's hideout at that clifftop was also marked. The compass I found also helped matters. 

The feeling of being on a ship again reminds me of going on the sickening Fire Nation raids with my father. At that young age, I was witnessing all that wreckage and agreeing with it.

No wonder I'm not a ball of sunshine.

I don't have a wanted destination. At all. Currently, I'm just traveling along the Earth Kingdom, going south. A couple days ago, while I was trying to fall asleep, I was thinking about going back to Omashu. Then, when I woke up, I decided against it. But now, I'm thinking about going back to it. It's marked on the map anyways. 

Plus, King Bumi does deserve to know about the death of one of his oldest friends. 

During this stretched week of travelling, I've become completely set on the notion that Aang, Sokka, and Katara are all dead, and I haven't dwelt on it. I did think about going back to the North Pole as well. But for what? I would've had to take another week long journey back only to be greeted with the gruesome fact I already know.

So I didn't backtrack to the past and went ahead into whatever the future holds. 

It doesn't look good so far, though. 

I look up from my calculating, and my throat clutches. 

About five feet away, an enormous Fire Nation war ship sails next to mine, its insignia prominent against its black mass. Its size makes a darkening shadow, encasing everything in my vicinity. 

Half of me isn't exactly surprised; the damn ships patrol every single inch of the world, even now. Aang might be dead, but I'm still alive, so they continue patrolling the oceans with free terrorizing at hand. Even that's my fault.