Chapter 4: Empty Closure

The day has come, IT HAS COME. This chapter is going to be the chapter where you read about Saf absolutely D E S T R O Y I N G Zen. Also, you might find out something new about her. Anyways, she's going beast mode on Zen's a**. So, as always, I hope you enjoy and happy reading!

Presenting......

|Empty Closure|

Safiyah

The whole morning slowly goes by, filled with me taking bread and water back to my room. I could've easily sat in the dining room, but I couldn't bear running into Zen. I'm too agitated. 

Now I was sitting in my room, on the floor, playing with the tassels of the rug. I'm still trying to find some reason for me to fight with four men. What does Zen get out of it? All my stressing about this inquiry leads me to empty, invaluable answers. 

I finish the rest of my water and make my repeated, grudged journey back outside. This time, I'm unarmed; my only weapon is my bending. I reach the clearing and find Zen standing in the middle of it, still wearing his tunic. One of the men I fought earlier stands next to the gong, calmly holding a mallet.

"Glad you could make it. Are you ready?" Zen asks. He takes off his tunic and throws it at the base of a tree. His hair is in its usual top knot, but it isn't as neat and uptight as the traditional style. There were always a few strands let out, just like today. 

I answer his question with a look, and he continues speaking. "Now, here are the terms. If you win, that ship is waiting down there for you, fully supplied. Food, water, maps, everything you need. He will even show you the way." He gestures to the man standing next to the gong. "But if I win, you have to stay here for another week, and have the Agni Kai with me again. Maybe then you'll win."

"What makes you so sure I'll lose this one?" I sneer. 

"Hypothetically. Just saying." While smirking, he gestures to another tree near him. "Here are the capes." I walk over to the tree, grab my cape, then put the farthest distance between Zen and I. 

I now realize, when I notice the abundant size of the clearing, that this is more official than I thought. The Agni Kai I first had with Zen was nothing like this, yet it was deemed so serious. Right now, I'm kneeling down, with my back turned -  as is the traditional form - with this red cape scratching on my shoulders, with the designated clothing. I'm even barefoot. Almost three years ago, there were none of these formalities. It makes me uneasy, almost remorseful for some reason. 

I count for five seconds, and then I turn around, stand up, drop the cape to the floor. Zen's facing me as well, and our hands are both ready and in front of us. We're just waiting for the signaling crash. 

Finally, after stretched minutes, we finally hear it. 

But we don't begin right away. We take a few minutes just to analyze, just to challenge, just to dare whoever wants to go first. 

I get ahead of myself and I take the first strike. I punch a series of comets from my fists, to which Zen skillfully dodges, one he avoids by flipping on the ground. 

"This is going to end quickly Zen," I snarl. "Maybe you'd have a chance if you'd actually face my hits head on."

He doesn't answer me. Instead, he fires up his hands and feet, and jet propels through the ground, ready to send a stream of fire through me. His blue fire is so vibrant in color, I can't understand how one simple being could have that much power. 

I jet step at the last second and flip in the air, landing behind him. Zen finds this amusing. "Well, I have to say, you are much smarter than the twelve year old I battled about three years ago. But that one was still a prodigy. I still think you're rusty."